Sign in to follow this  
Guest fly93

Open apology to REX

Guest fly93

I sit here with egg on my face, hat in hand, humble pie before me. I got a little upset with the people at REX about their fine product. It did take some doing but I was able to get it down loaded and up and running. :( I want to apologize to the entire staff at REX for things I said and anything implied in any and all posts. I was upset and very wrong! I just want to say here and now that if any one is wondering about how good a product they have, it is the best clouds I have seen.Sorry folks I will be nicer in the future.Dave

:(
Y'know, Ulf - it's nice to see someone who has had an unreasonable rant on this site, to actually have the bXXXX to apologize to the developer. I can understand the frustration of watching a 4-gig download go kablooey: at one time these big files were only offered as CD's - nowadays - DVD's, and most of the time, even nowadays, we're really quite lucky when it gets down as we hope. You can have all the bandwidth you need at your server and the same at your client end: it's the routing issues in between that you don't see, that cause the slowdowns and the failures. Next time a slow one happens - open a command prompt window - a DOS window, and do a "tracert {insert dev's name here}" and you will see just how many routers/hops - and the time taken - to get to that site. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest UlfB
Y'know, Ulf - it's nice to see someone who has had an unreasonable rant on this site, to actually have the bXXXX to apologize to the developer.
I agree and that was why i simply posted a Hug :(

Dave, what an amazingly humble post, and that takes a real man to do...A post like that deserves honoring, feel free to PM me as I think you deserve something for your humility ;)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

I honestly can not remember the last time I saw such an apology to a dev on any forum. That sort of post is an incredibly rare thing these days. Sadly the anonymity of the internet seems to shield most from the repercussions their actions and words would generate in a real face to face encounter. We all have our bad days, but I agree with the others, it takes a big person with real integrity to do what you did Dave. Bravo to you sir. :)-Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest fly93

Thanks to all the people who responded to my original post. I am 63 and was raised in an era when you"run what you brung"(think that is how it is spelled). In other words if you brought a piece of crap to the back road drags and you lost the pinks to it, that's just the way it is. No, I never had to walk home as I always watched. :( A man always has to take responsibility for his actions and this was no exception to the rule. Plus, "The Duke" would have done it this way. Thanks for all the kind words,Dave

Dave as I said in our forum, and I will echo it here as well... short & sweet; Apology accepted! ;)

Plus, "The Duke" would have done it this way.
Good one! :(

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Agreed, it does not happen often and it is rather uplifting to see the goodness of man -even if it is just one person - shining through these days of doom and gloom. Onya mate!!!

Oh dear!.. (sniffle) .... I'm getting all teary!..... (sniff).... this is all so touching.... Oh, the humanity.... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.