Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Can the i7's do better?

Can someone with an i7 try the GPS 15R app to KBOS? Preferably using the SR22 G3 if you have it. 6-7 fps is really tough and I want to know what the i7's can get.7fpsKBOS.jpg6fpsKBOS.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll give it a run for you. Will post back with the results.

Jim Wenham

Hi Ryan,Have you tried hiding the task bar? I also get 7 FPS with the task bar visible in windowed mode, but when it hides (i have it set to auto-hide) i get 15 to 23 FPS. Task bar is an FPS killer, at least on my system.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Did the 15R approach and got 16 for the lowest and 28 for the highest. The settings I used were all sliders on left at max except for water 2x low and 10 mesh. Max scenery complexity and very dense autogen 8 cars, 20 boats, 59 GA and airline traffic with low ground vehicles. UTX, FEX, Ultimate Traffic, GEX were also used. The 16 was still very flyable.

Jim Wenham

Guest D17S
Did the 15R approach and got 16 for the lowest and 28 for the highest. The settings I used were all sliders on left at max except for water 2x low and 10 mesh. Max scenery complexity and very dense autogen 8 cars, 20 boats, 59 GA and airline traffic with low ground vehicles. UTX, FEX, Ultimate Traffic, GEX were also used. The 16 was still very flyable.
Just as a frame of reference from an i7@4.0Ghz/6G@1600/GTX260: With these same settings and addon set, the Q6600@3.6/9800GTX/4G@800/1920x1080res gets ~ 25FPS sitting on 15R at KBOS in the Vcockpit, then 14-22FPS 'round the pattern to land back at 15R. Nice panel.

Ok, I'd be happy with double the fps....triple preferable. Looks like you need to get past 4.0 GHz to enjoy FS in busy areas with payware... hmmmpanel is Eaglesoft SR22 G3 Turbohttp://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CirrusSR22G2_G3T.htm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok, I'd be happy with double the fps....triple preferable. Looks like you need to get past 4.0 GHz to enjoy FS in busy areas with payware... hmmm
well...yes and no I would say. I mean, maybe I am too conservative with my settings, and I am not trying to dig on the test you guys did, but I consider 59 AI and 20 boats (the above mentioned test settings) to be a little bit high for KBOS + complex add-on aircraft with current gen hardware. If I were going to run 59 AI slider into KBOS with complex aircraft, I would probably make a tradeoff to sparse autogen to make up the frames. And that is with an E8500 @ 3.8 ghz, 8800GTX, 4gb DDR3 at low latency. Or maybe tradeoff to 30 AI with norm or dense autogen.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

well...yes and no I would say. I mean, maybe I am too conservative with my settings, and I am not trying to dig on the test you guys did, but I consider 59 AI and 20 boats (the above mentioned test settings) to be a little bit high for KBOS + complex add-on aircraft with current gen hardware. If I were going to run 59 AI slider into KBOS with complex aircraft, I would probably make a tradeoff to sparse autogen to make up the frames. And that is with an E8500 @ 3.8 ghz, 8800GTX, 4gb DDR3 at low latency. Or maybe tradeoff to 30 AI with norm or dense autogen.
I agree, I did not know all the settings he was using so I ran the flight with what I normally run with. If KBOS was my main airport to fly into I would tune better for it. I also think I will be turning down the cars some as now that I have UTX running the cars are more than likely being doubled if not trippled.

Jim Wenham

Guest D17S
I agree, I did not know all the settings he was using so I ran the flight with what I normally run with. If KBOS was my main airport to fly into I would tune better for it. I also think I will be turning down the cars some as now that I have UTX running the cars are more than likely being doubled if not trippled.
Me too. The Q66 run wasn't for effect, only for comparison to an i7 at 4.0Ghz.

I run pretty high, because I want all that good looking eye candy. Really I don't fly into busy areas all that often, but sometimes even in rural areas I still only get 15 fps with clouds in that same SR22.The jist of what I run is high sliders:maxed scenery, autogen dense/scenery slider dense, AI air traffic averages 65% (default, no addons)Water 2x medbloom, shadows (all) off, DX9 modecars/boats around 15%weather cloud coverage high, and 60 vis, with FEX 1024 cloudsUTX USA (street lights off), GEXn, etcFPS are locked at 24-28 if I'm flying FPS friendly aircraft (RealAir, Carenado, default), but unlimited if LevelD, Super80, Mustang, SR22 etc and also unlimited in city areas - I never run locked in Class B airspace or C. All tweaked with Nickn guide 8x AA and 16xAF per nHancerI guess I was hoping you could get 20FPS with the PMDG or LevelD into busy cities with high settings (oops, edit, on a Core i7 I mean). (My standards are too high lol)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I run pretty high, because I want all that good looking eye candy. Really I don't fly into busy areas all that often, but sometimes even in rural areas I still only get 15 fps with clouds in that same SR22.The jist of what I run is high sliders:maxed scenery, autogen dense/scenery slider dense, AI air traffic averages 65% (default, no addons)Water 2x medbloom, shadows (all) off, DX9 modecars/boats around 15%weather cloud coverage high, and 60 vis, with FEX 1024 cloudsUTX USA (street lights off), GEXn, etcFPS are locked at 24-28 if I'm flying FPS friendly aircraft (RealAir, Carenado, default), but unlimited if LevelD, Super80, Mustang, SR22 etc and also unlimited in city areas - I never run locked in Class B airspace or C. All tweaked with Nickn guide 8x AA and 16xAF per nHancerI guess I was hoping you could get 20FPS with the PMDG or LevelD into busy cities with high settings (oops, edit, on a Core i7 I mean). (My standards are too high lol)
Well... actuallyleveldresamp.jpgThis is with my same settings I did the KBOS test with but I didnt have UTX yet.

Jim Wenham

Yeah that's nice, probably a little less in the VC, externals are always better on FPS, at least on my system.Here's one doing some illegal things near New Orleans. Traffic @ 8%, but there was more cars, they just disappeared for this stretch heheMSY.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I thought I read that the car issue was fixed in one of the patches for UTX. Mine decide to vanish at will also. I wish my car would vanish sometimes while sitting in traffic here in Atlanta.

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N
I thought I read that the car issue was fixed in one of the patches for UTX. Mine decide to vanish at will also. I wish my car would vanish sometimes while sitting in traffic here in Atlanta.
The latest UTX patch ADDS car traffic to UTX so be careful with that. A setting of 10 in urban is like 25 before the last UTX USA patch. If you are having stutter/perf issues in USA you must DISABLE moving traffic via the UTX configuration tool to test because the bug in FSX which does not allow the car SLIDER to remove the footprint of cars even at ZERO after the latest UTX patch. Test it with it disabled in the UTX config toolAs for the suggestion a Q6600 is just as good....I think they want clear visuals that do not look like mud out past 3-5nm in big cities duhhhh :(