Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Can the i7's do better?

So you are saying that if UTX is installed that the car traffic should be set via the setup tool and not in FSX? Still in learning mode about UTX as I have only had it 1 day.

Jim Wenham

I just ran this 15R approach a few times in the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche. AI kills. Away from the AI, I was getting 30 to 80 fps with no framelock. I'd pan to the AI and it got as low as 15.Interestingly, with the framelock on 30, I pegged 30 most of the time, but when I panned to the AI, boom, down to 15 again it went.Really it doesn't surprise me since I know how the FS2002 and FS2004 AI models we mostly use are killing us at the big airports. I heard campblsjc (sean) say he converted his AI textures to DXT3. I wonder if this would help a bit. AI isn't the only thing killing us at the big airports, but it is a big factor.Suffice it to say the KBOS 15R gets 15 to 80 on my E8500 @ 3.8 ghz with 4gb DDR3 and 8800GTX. Probably a tuned i7 with solid DDR3 and a GTX285 et al would handle the choke of the AI better. Perhaps.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Nick_N
So you are saying that if UTX is installed that the car traffic should be set via the setup tool and not in FSX? Still in learning mode about UTX as I have only had it 1 day.
What I am saying is.. you can not set traffic to zero and see a completely clean car/road traffic footprint off the CPU and memory even when no cars are showing on the roads with the latest UTX USA/CanadaQUOTE:CARS BOATS AND SHIPS #6:Cars are the primary perf killer. Ships and boats do present more for the system to deal with but most can run ships and boats between 15-25% without any problems. Cars on the other hand will create micro stutters in some areas depending on the hardware and addons like UTX must be used with caution due to how they can change car traffic behavior with their updates. Their UTX USA 1.2 update added cars to all side roads and in order to make that work they had to deal with a bug in FSX which removed the ability of FSX to take the footprint of cars off the system with the slider set to ZERO, therefore with UTX USA/CAN you must DISABLE ALL moving traffic in the UTX configuration tool to check or eliminate the source of micro stutters related to car traffic. If you find your sim smooth with it DISABLED in UTX then you need to evaluate CAR traffic use with your hardware.

Yeah but car traffic is one of the coolest things in FSX....especially if you fly low n slow, like me.I turned it down to 8 for the time being...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah but car traffic is one of the coolest things in FSX....especially if you fly low n slow, like me.I turned it down to 8 for the time being...
I agree! Fortunately in my Vista 64 installation car traffic doesn't seem to bring on microstutters for the most part, so I leave it at 15 or so. I'd like to the car speed to slow down a little though!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I agree! Fortunately in my Vista 64 installation car traffic doesn't seem to bring on microstutters for the most part, so I leave it at 15 or so. I'd like to the car speed to slow down a little though!
15! My cars are at 8 on my normal.cfg, and 6 on my big_iron.cfg if I remember correctly. I agree, when you move cars up to 10-15-20 etc. it can look really neat when flying over a major city.Reminds me of CHiPs, at the intro of that show, when they showed the LA freeways full of cars.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

CHiPs...Oh,man. I haven"t thought of that show in years. EGAD! I'm dating myself. Watched it every week, though. Car traffic @ 23% here.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.