Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

777 Autoland Issue

I recently purchased the 777 Professional (FS9 download version) and have conducted several test flights. I have lots of stick time with the PMDG 747/MD-11/737, Level D etc, but have been waiting for a 777 equivalent--tired of waiting so I purchased 777 Pro.I've attempted 5 autolands at various complex addon airports--KJFK, KORD, KLAX, KRDU, KDEN for example--and each time, I get an uncommanded wing roll to the left 100-200 feet above touchdown. I'm in parameters, gross weight/config etc, and it tracks GS and LOC nicely until a couple hundred feet above touchdown.I thought the sloppy GS and wingrock had been addressed in SP1/2?Any comments/assistance would be appreciated.THanks!Rich Perry

Hi!I have never had this issue with the 777 Pro. I have the DVD edition that needs the 2 SP, but I believe your download version has already them included.I can only think on a situation like that is the radio is been tuned into another frequency. I know that I have had that situation on the 757. Make sure on the Radio/Nav page that the ILS frequency is tuned and no A (for automatic) is there. You can line select the ILS frequency and paste it into the VOR L line. In this case, it will not change as it will be in Manual.Failing that, or it is not the cause or that behaviour... we will have to think of something else! :( Soft Landings! :(

Hi!I have never had this issue with the 777 Pro. I have the DVD edition that needs the 2 SP, but I believe your download version has already them included.I can only think on a situation like that is the radio is been tuned into another frequency. I know that I have had that situation on the 757. Make sure on the Radio/Nav page that the ILS frequency is tuned and no A (for automatic) is there. You can line select the ILS frequency and paste it into the VOR L line. In this case, it will not change as it will be in Manual.Failing that, or it is not the cause or that behaviour... we will have to think of something else! :( Soft Landings! :(
Thanks--I'll check that--I checked I was Nav/Rad Park ILS but did not check to see if A is deselected...it may be a shared ILS freq--opposite direction and forces a change of some sort. Land 3 is illuminated, so params should be set up correctly. I did have a successful autoland at KCLT RWY18C but I got no Land 3, but I got an auto-flare nonetheless!Rich

Hi Rich!Good to hear you got and Autoland!I might be wrong on that one, but if on the ILS line it say Park, it does mean it will not autotune as it doesn't have info about the ILS frequency and Rwy heading.Soft Landings! :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.