Sign in to follow this  
Guest ml86

717-200/MD95

Guest ml86

Anyone know a highly detailed panel for the 717? Freeware or payware, im not as concerned about exterior visuals as I am about the panel- fully functional/accurate overhead, glareshield panel, FMC, etc...I was very unimpressed with the vans co 717, many of the advertised featured were not included. Any help appreciated.

There is no highly detailed panel available for the 717. Let's hope PMDG might come to the party, as they have all the avionics from the MD-11 at their disposal. I would buy that one!

Graeme Butler

There is no highly detailed panel available for the 717. Let's hope PMDG might come to the party, as they have all the avionics from the MD-11 at their disposal. I would buy that one!
Agreed! Would be nice to get another short haul option from them to complement the forthcoming all-new 737.

Guest ml86

Thanks for the responses. I hope PMDG does use their MD-11 avionics to come up with a 717 package, it would be by far the best one out there.

Don't hold your breath guys.While I would like to see ANY airliner done in detail in FS, the 717 isn't going to happen. There are only a few of them flying in the real world, and as such it isn't really a popular type with flight simmers. PMDG already have their plate full with the already announced 737NG and A320.The clamour for a decent 757 or 777 (or even a 737 Classic) would be much louder than the clamour for a 717.

Don't hold your breath guys.While I would like to see ANY airliner done in detail in FS, the 717 isn't going to happen. There are only a few of them flying in the real world, and as such it isn't really a popular type with flight simmers. PMDG already have their plate full with the already announced 737NG and A320.The clamour for a decent 757 or 777 (or even a 737 Classic) would be much louder than the clamour for a 717.
Not holding breadth. I for one would like to see a B717 from a reputable vendor. Yes, the demand would be higher for the stuff that's been done, but there's sales precedence for out of the ordinary offerings, like PMDG's MD10-11. In this case, PMDG could take advantage of how similar the instrumentation is between the B717 and the MD10-11. Have fun

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Anyone know a highly detailed panel for the 717? Freeware or payware, im not as concerned about exterior visuals as I am about the panel- fully functional/accurate overhead, glareshield panel, FMC, etc...I was very unimpressed with the vans co 717, many of the advertised featured were not included. Any help appreciated.
Unforutaly not yet I havent seen any but if you have vansaircraft which is the only 717 with a vc http://www.vansairco.com/index.eng.php?fra...ie+200&id=2 or you can always get the isg gauges from http://isgsim.com with the Ken Mitchell panel http://isgsim.com/?page=panel_library⊂=retro_km_b717 and the freeware sga 717, or the Capt. Rad James Yarjan panel that Chuck mentioned above. and you will have a good 717 panel with fmc. The isg has a Smiths style FMS with sid stars and many more things and ernie updates the navdata. a good combo and you can also install it for both fsx fs9 and of course use it with other freeware panels.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest heads_high

Vans Aircraft's website is very misleading. I purchased their B717 yesterday, and the panel sucks. That panel on their website is nothing compared to what I got. $15 for a panel I can't even read HDG or CRS and the models are pc hogs!!! As stated, Jet City Aircraft's 717s are the best models out there and they are UNBELIEVABLY freeware! Jet City MD8X and DC9s are the best out their too. My best investment. BTW I use Scarratt 737 panel for my B717s. Cool panel with working overhead etc. Search Scarratt in avsim library or flightsim.com. I need a dc9 Panel but I am reluctant to purchase another flightsim program. Has anyone tried Iron Knuckles DC9? What's their panel like? Fly High!

Jet City Aircraft also have an outstanding model, no panel though. I have recently fallen in love with their DC-9 package.http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/
Eaglesoft have a MD-80 panel set (steam/combo/glass) that I use on my JCA MD's. BTW, I use the Iron Knuckles panel for the JCA DC-9s.Cheers, SLuggy

Sluggy: So, does that mean you prefer the JCA FDE to the Iron Knuckles'? I've looked at the IK but thought it might be redundant to my JCA collection, although the panel does look sweet!

Guest heads_high
Eaglesoft have a MD-80 panel set (steam/combo/glass) that I use on my JCA MD's. BTW, I use the Iron Knuckles panel for the JCA DC-9s.Cheers, SLuggy
Thanks Sluggy. How about Lago's Maddog panel? I've been reading in their forum about many bugs. Anybody tried Lago MD panel? I'll purchase the IK then Sluggy. Thanks again.