Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

adding a free gauge to Aeroworx B22

Hello Jim (or someone elese that knows how to do this). I have just spent 4 frustrating hours trying to modify the panal.cfg to the Aeroworx B200. I see you made a simular post on this matter, modifing panel.cfg's. I have been able to do this to SINGLE panal aircraft before. My 1st problem is IDENTIFING the correct panal.cfg to modify. As you may know the B200 comes in 5 differant variations (1) N 109 GE (2) N 207 CM (3) N 209 CM (4) N 210 CM (5) ZS-OVX. I'm trying to add this gauge, "Ground Handling Gauge" by Rob Barendregt downloaded here at the Avsim Library, under FS2004 "gauges". Inside the Aeroworx B200 folder in FS2004/Aircraft/AeroworxB200 you see 6 differant "panels"(1) panel(2) panel.an(3) panel.anvc(4) panel.em(5) panel.emvc(6) panel.vcWith 5 differant aircraft and 6 differant panels = 30 DIFFERANT combinations to get it right, even if I followed the author's instructions correctly. No wonder the @#$% thing didn't work ! I'm just not that smart or lucky.Can ANYONE start me off right on how to pick the right "panel.cfg" to add the Ground Handling gauge to the aircraft version, N 109 GE? Is it legal for me to offer money to have someone do this for me???? Thanks for your helpjerrycwo4

Hi Apologies for the delay in responding, but to business.First things first, please make a backup of the panel.cfg files that you are going to edit, and ensure that the ground handling gauge is installed in the gauges and sound folders of FS9 according to Rob Barendregts instructions.For the pushback / ground handling gauge in the Aeroworx N109GE 2D variant you need to edit using notepad or similar the panel.cfg file located in the Panel folder as follows..In the [Window Titles] section add as the last entryWindow23=Ground HandlingThen at the end of the [Window10] section add. gaugeXX=rcb_groundhandling4!Icon_Pushback, 3,912,30,33Replace the XX with the next available number as I have one or two other add ons so your gauge numbers will be different.Then at the end of the [Window11] section add.gaugeXX=rcb_groundhandling4!Icon_Pushback, 4,794,30,33Change the XX entries as above.And finally add the following window after the [Window22] section.[Window23]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=239,65window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=10005window_size= 0.300, 0.110window_pos= 0.020, 0.050gauge00=rcb_Groundhandling4!PushbackDisplay, 2,2,74,61gauge01=rcb_Groundhandling4!TaxispeedNoToeBrakes, 79,2,64,61gauge02=rcb_Groundhandling4!BrakePressure, 146,2,44,61gauge03=rcb_Groundhandling4!ParkingBrakeSwitch, 193,2,44,30gauge04=rcb_Groundhandling4!AutoTaxiAfterLanding, 193,33,44,30gauge05=rcb_Groundhandling4!PushbackStates, 0,0,20,20gauge06=rcb_Groundhandling4!BrakeSound, 0,0,20,20gauge07=GH_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,20,19,./sound/Groundhandling/Sound.iniFor the VC and cabin variant its much the same procedure, but you edit the panel.cfg file in the Panel.VC folder as follows.Again in the [Window Titles] section add as the last entryWindow23=Ground HandlingThen at the end of the [Window10] section add.GaugeXX=rcb_groundhandling4!Icon_Pushback, 5,917,30,27Then at the end of the [Window11] section add.gaugeXX=rcb_groundhandling4!Icon_Pushback, 4,794,30,33And finally add the following window after the [Window22] section, and before the [Vcockpit01] section[Window23]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=239,65window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=10005window_size= 0.300, 0.110window_pos= 0.020, 0.050gauge00=rcb_Groundhandling4!PushbackDisplay, 2,2,74,61gauge01=rcb_Groundhandling4!TaxispeedNoToeBrakes, 79,2,64,61gauge02=rcb_Groundhandling4!BrakePressure, 146,2,44,61gauge03=rcb_Groundhandling4!ParkingBrakeSwitch, 193,2,44,30gauge04=rcb_Groundhandling4!AutoTaxiAfterLanding, 193,33,44,30gauge05=rcb_Groundhandling4!PushbackStates, 0,0,20,20gauge06=rcb_Groundhandling4!BrakeSound, 0,0,20,20gauge07=GH_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,20,19,./sound/Groundhandling/Sound.iniAnd that should be that, the icon for the pushback pop-up will be located to the lower left hand side of the IFR and VFR panels, I could not find a reasonable location for the icon in the VC view sorry.Similar entries could be used for any of the other variants of the King Air.If you have any problems, let me know and I will try my best to assist.Jim Hodkinson

Jim I can not thank you enough for your reply. I always try to help people with items that I can and I know that it took a good bit of time and effort for you to make such a detailed reply. I know you probably had better things to do. My first problem was trying to decide just what the "installation" instructions ment. He (the author) had a SOUND folder and a GAUGE folder and RBCGH-40 folder which is a ZIP file of all the other files that were already in the main gauge folder??His instructions were:1. Extract all files to the MAIN FS2004 folder, using the "Use folder names"option. This will place each file in it's correct location. Overwrite older files when asked.What does "Use folder names" option mean? Does this mean "unzip" the files with the LOCATION being the MAIN FS2004 folder? You cannt do this because there is already a SOUND and GAUGE folder in the main body of FS2004???? What does the author mean? Where does he want me to put what files??? Thanks again for your help. I really love this aircraft and I want to be able to add a few gauges to it. Ill upload a jpeg of the contents of his "gauge folder". I'll be out of town for a few days and I'll check back with you when I return. jerrycwo4PS upon inspection I see that the photo of the author's gauge file is NOT correct. I had already taken OUT the ZIP file when I made a screen print of it. Ill up load another jpeg with the correct contents..

When upzipping files, if a folder used in the zip file already exists (such as /gauges, etc.) it will only place the files in those folders. It will not "replace" the entire folder... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

HiFrBill is correct, unzipping these files directly into FS will not replace any stock gauges or files. But if your in any doubt about uzipping the contents of this or any other zip file into FS, you could always unzip the file to a temporary folder and then hand copy the files into the respective FS folders, I must admit that I do sometimes do this just to make sure that I know what has gone where, especially with some of the larger zip files.What you should have at the end is as follows..In the Gauges folder of FS9, you should end up with the two gauges, GH_Sound.gau and rcb_groundhandling4.cabIn the Sound folder of FS9 you should end up with a sub-folder called Groundhandling, and in that folder you should have eleven wave files plus one Sound.ini file.If you have those files in those folders, you should be good to goHope it all helps, have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Instead of a ..\temp folder......I actually have dummy "FS9" and "FSX" folders setup up...This way, when I "unzip" a file or run an "installer," I can see precisely "what goes where." :)If everything checks out okay, then...In the case of a zipped file I can either unzip again to my real FS9 or FSX, or simply move everything manually.In the case of an installer, I simply re-run the installer and point it to the real FS9 or FSX path.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator