Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Adding a free gauge to the Aeroworx B200

I have just spent 4 frustrating hours trying to modify the panel.cfg to the Aeroworx B200. I have been able to do this to SINGLE panel aircraft before. My 1st problem is IDENTIFING the correct panel.cfg to modify. As you may know the B200 comes in 5 differant variations (1) N 109 GE (2) N 207 CM (3) N 209 CM (4) N 210 CM (5) ZS-OVX. I'm trying to add this gauge, "Ground Handling Gauge" by Rob Barendregt downloaded here at the Avsim Library, under FS2004 "gauges". Inside the Aeroworx B200 folder in FS2004/Aircraft/AeroworxB200 you see 6 differant "panels"(1) panel(2) panel.an(3) panel.anvc(4) panel.em(5) panel.emvc(6) panel.vcWith 5 differant aircrafts and 6 differant panels = 30 DIFFERANT combinations to get it right, even if I followed the author's instructions correctly. No wonder the @#$% thing didn't work ! I'm just not that smart or lucky.Can ANYONE start me off right on how to pick the right "panel.cfg" to add the Ground Handling gauge to the aircraft version, N 109 GE?Is it legal for me to pay someone to do this for me, if I can't do it myself? Thanks, jerrycwo4

N109GE is an EFIS equipped passenger cabin variant. So your targets are [panel] and [panel.vc]. [panel] is 2D only so if you fly from VC you only need to work on [panel.vc]. Good luckJason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thanks for the info. Since I wrote this I was able to add my beloved Garmin 500 GPS to the B-200. I added it to the Panel.VC. ( which put it into the 109GE version of the B-200) Of course I have the "GPS Icon" in the aircraft's 2-D panel but when I click on it and bring it up and then switch to the VC panel, the GPS diappears. The only way I found to keep the GPS veiwable in the VC aircraft is to "UNDOCK the GPS gauge. I bring up another gauge in the same way ( the Ground Control or Taxi Gauge) but when I open it in the 2-D panel and then switch to the VC panel it is still there???????? Anyone know why this happens? Would a copy of each of the panel's .cfg help? jerrycwo4

Guest dogknot

I placed my gps icon in 3 places. One on the vfr 2D panel:[Window10]gauge41=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 387,542,20,20 //<---add this line2nd on the ifr 2D panel:[Window11]gauge46=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 460,335,20,20 //<---add this line3rd on the autopilot popup:[Window06]gauge05=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 78,115,20,20 //<---add this lineThe reason for the one on the autopilot popup (window06) is that when in the VC, there is an invisible clickspot just to the left of the Warning Annunciator group. When your cursor touches the spot it reads "Toggle AP Panel"....Voila!!...the autopilot popup panel has the gps icon!Hope that helps!