Sign in to follow this  
Guest merchant

747-400x Load Manager Crash and Black Gauges

Guest merchant

Hi,I recently reformatted and reinstalled WinXP and MSFX. I have 3 addon airplanes: LDS 767, PMDG 747-400x and MD11. The MD11 is fine but not the 747-400x. The load manager crashes on startup and the gauges are black and none of the buttons work. On install I get message advising me that my FSX version is more recent than FSX SP1. This product was tested primarily using SP1, Acc and SP2 etc. I have SP1 and SP2 from a clean install.Any information would be appreciated.TIAUlysese BrownGlobe Cargo VACaptain #1403

The message regarding SP1 is not a problem, it works (normally) with SP2.The load manager crashes and black guages could be a couple of things. I have seen these symptoms reported where the solution was installing the Microsoft run time modules that should have been installed by the PMDG installer after the 747 files were installed. I think it is either VB or C++.... I don't remember. Black guages also indicate a validation problem but if your installer acknowledged validation this is probably not the problem, if it is the run time modules then not only are the displays black but the space where the FMS keypad/screen (CDU) belong is black too.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest merchant
The message regarding SP1 is not a problem, it works (normally) with SP2.The load manager crashes and black guages could be a couple of things. I have seen these symptoms reported where the solution was installing the Microsoft run time modules that should have been installed by the PMDG installer after the 747 files were installed. I think it is either VB or C++.... I don't remember. Black guages also indicate a validation problem but if your installer acknowledged validation this is probably not the problem, if it is the run time modules then not only are the displays black but the space where the FMS keypad/screen (CDU) belong is black too.Hope this helps.
I have VC++ 2008 runtime installed but I am getting error messages in the EVENT VIEWER related to SIMCONNECT. Need to investigate further.Thanks,