Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Two Splendid payware aircraft!

As my preferred GA sim is FSX I have been searching for good GA aircraft. Unfortunately apart from a few notables I found very few good GA aircraft for FSX so I finally took out the wallet and purchased two GA twins for FSX,

• Eaglesoft Twin Comanche
  • Digital Aviation Cheyenne

These two were bought after much reading about the payware aircraft offerings here at AVSIM.I can tell you after spending a week studying them and their systems and flying them I can say I am extremely impressed! These are fantastic products and they enhance the enjoyment level of FSX significantly.I would highly recommended purchase of these two aircraft for anyone wanting to enhance their FSX experience!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Many thanks Shez. Glad to hear you are enjoying our Twin Comanche :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest rdg
As my preferred GA sim is FSX I have been searching for good GA aircraft. Unfortunately apart from a few notables I found very few good GA aircraft for FSX so I finally took out the wallet and purchased two GA twins for FSX,

These two were bought after much reading about the payware aircraft offerings here at AVSIM.I can tell you after spending a week studying them and their systems and flying them I can say I am extremely impressed! These are fantastic products and they enhance the enjoyment level of FSX significantly.I would highly recommended purchase of these two aircraft for anyone wanting to enhance their FSX experience!Shez

RealairSimulations and Carenado are both coming out with their first GA Twin. Should be interesting.Bob G

I couldn't agree more on the Digital Aviation Cheyenne. It took me a long time to decide on spending the money for it. I was afraid of getting a bad product. But I couldn't be more happier. I might go for the Twin Comanche too, but I've been looking hard at the Dash 8 by Majestic since I enjoy learning systems.Keith

Keith Guillory

Both aircraft are in my personal top ten list.

RealairSimulations and Carenado are both coming out with their first GA Twin. Should be interesting.Bob G
Sounds interesting.I wonder what other aircraft are worth buying. Anyone have opinions on the Cessna 441 from Flight1? Is it a true FSX a/c?For the smaller GA's I think someone recommended the Eaglesoft Columbia400 and the Carenado singles (which one though?).ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

RealairSimulations will release Beechcraft Duke B60. I can't wait to get a hold of their assymetrical thrust modeling. Has anyone seen any previews?Carenado is releasing Piper PA34 Seneca II. Once available I will have to grab the Beechcraft Duchess from JustFlight. I have been waiting years for a quality Duchess. Keith

Keith Guillory

Approaching 100 hours in the Twin Comanche now, more than double my next nearest FSX aircraft flight time.All it needs is ....... a Jim Clark livery repaint ! Haven't been able to find any pictures though, I read somewhere he learned to fly it in Australia :(

Guest kwilson
Sounds interesting.I wonder what other aircraft are worth buying. Anyone have opinions on the Cessna 441 from Flight1? Is it a true FSX a/c?For the smaller GA's I think someone recommended the Eaglesoft Columbia400 and the Carenado singles (which one though?).ThanksShez
The C441 is not a true FSX aircraft. I got the FS9 version and a patch from Flight1 to make it fly in FSX. It's a nice plane but I wouldn't call it great.

I wonder what other aircraft are worth buying. Anyone have opinions on the Cessna 441 from Flight1? Is it a true FSX a/c?Shez
Anything from Realair, best flight dynamics in the business. I like Eaglesoft's SR22 G3 turbo, 220 ktas @ FL250 in a single hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest rdg
RealairSimulations will release Beechcraft Duke B60. I can't wait to get a hold of their assymetrical thrust modeling. Has anyone seen any previews?Carenado is releasing Piper PA34 Seneca II. Once available I will have to grab the Beechcraft Duchess from JustFlight. I have been waiting years for a quality Duchess. Keith
Looks like just some exterior shots at the moment. Bob
Anything from Realair, best flight dynamics in the business. I like Eaglesoft's SR22 G3 turbo, 220 ktas @ FL250 in a single hehe
As far as the Realair B60, it was regarded as the best developed of the series, but due to the complexities of the design, relatively few aircraft were purchased. Not sure what they mean by "complexities of the design".Bob

Guest a42abid

after splashing out a lot of money on scenery, i have only enough left to buy one aircraft in my FSX budget. I'm still learning how to fly so I use the Piper Cub and Mooney Bravo a lot. However, I've heard that the default aircraft aren't that realistic and I've read some really impressive reviews about Carenado's aircraft and Eaglesoft.I was wondering if the Carenado Mooney is significantly better than the default one in FSX or if I should consider something alternative.

I was wondering if the Carenado Mooney is significantly better than the default one in FSX or if I should consider something alternative.
In my honest opinion, I think the default Mooney is a contender to be the worst of all the default aircraft. Carenado's looks a lot better....I would think that you would feel that you are getting your money's worth. I have not been let down by any of their other products and I like the way they patched their FS9 products (at no cost) for FSX shortly after it was widely available. Stuff like that catches my attention and encourages me to buy future releases!Scott

Guest KevanC

I'm also interested in Carenado's Mooney. I've never purchased a payware aircraft, but Carenado seems to have a solid reputation, and their prices are low, respective to other brands. I can't decide if I want that, or the 172 though. Seems that both would be redundant, but since I'm still so new at the sim, I want something basic, but high quality that I can continue to build my skills in.

Guest a42abid
In my honest opinion, I think the default Mooney is a contender to be the worst of all the default aircraft. Carenado's looks a lot better....I would think that you would feel that you are getting your money's worth. I have not been let down by any of their other products and I like the way they patched their FS9 products (at no cost) for FSX shortly after it was widely available. Stuff like that catches my attention and encourages me to buy future releases!Scott
0_Oare you serious? I'm still a beginner as far as planes go and I've never personally flown one so for me its hard to tell whats realistic and whats not. I enjoy the fsx mooney because its fun to fly...my only issue was that the cockpit wasnt interactive enough and the instruments were a bit difficult to see.Thanks for your response. thats really good to know! I'll go for Carenado's Mooney in that case!