On this page:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/It lists the specs. I only see the DVI requirement for 3 x 1680 x 1050 2, (it's the #2 footnote). Anything less then that you should be fine. But that page talks about connecting to one DVI or one analog, either or.

This is good to know, as that's the resolution I'll be running at the end of the month. My question then, is this: what does Matrox mean when they say that the TH2G requires dual-link DVI for the extended resolutions if the second DVI port isn't needed anyway? As I stated previously, I'm only running two monitors on it until I can hijack my wife's at the end of the month, but why does Matrox care if the card has 2 DVI ports on it if you only need to connect to one of them? Is there some performance benefit to cards that have 2 ports on them (even when only using one of the connectors) versus a card that only has 1 DVI port? Everything I've read when I first started researching the TH2G led me to believe that both ports needed to be used for the extended widescreen modes, but if the second port isn't used, why is that a requirement? Obviously I'm missing something here with their references to dual-link DVI cards being a requirement if only 1 port actually needs to be used. Anyone who's running 3 monitors at 1440x900 using a single DVI port from their video card, have you been able to plug in a fourth monitor directly to your video card's second port and have it work, or is the Matrox software disabling that port for bandwidth on the port that is connected to the TH2G? I'm no expert in this area by any stretch of the imagination, and it seems obvious that I must have misunderstood the dual-link DVI requirement that Matrox claims is needed for the extended widescreen modes, so I'm just trying to understand what the requirement is there for, if the second DVI port doesn't need to be used.Thanks for any information on this, as it seems obvious that I misunderstood Matrox's Dual-Link DVI requirement. :)-George

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

On this page:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/It lists the specs. I only see the DVI requirement for 3 x 1680 x 1050 2, (it's the #2 footnote). Anything less then that you should be fine. But that page talks about connecting to one DVI or one analog, either or.
Reading that link, I see that footnote two says "Available when TripleHead2Go Digital Edition is connected to the system's dual-link DVI output under Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems."Also on their site is the supported resolutions section:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products...esolutions.htmlThe last three modes (listed as 'New') also list a footnote (#3) which (similar to the footnote above) states: "These widescreen modes are only available when TripleHead2Go Digital Edition is connected to the system's dual-link DVI output under Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems. "In both cases, Matrox is referencing Dual-Link DVI as a requirement for the extended widescreen modes, which is where my confusion is coming from. Why do they require a card with Dual-Link DVI connections if both connections aren't needed/used? Am I misunderstanding what Dual-Link DVI is? I'm under the impression (which could be 100% wrong) that Dual-Link DVI is referring to cards that have 2 DVI ports on them. Is this possibly a restriction to say it wouldn't work in certain modes, on a card that has for example a DVI and a VGA port on it? Not that I have any clue as to what difference that would make on the graphics card side of things, especially if the second output isn't used anyway. I'm just trying to come to grips with why a second DVI port would be a requirement if it doesn't need to be used anyway.-George

Well, I can tell you I ran it at 3072 X 768 off ONE DVI port, and still had desktop #2 available in Windows Vista. Now, above that and at those larger resolutions, maybe it does use both ports, but doesn't need to be connected to it. (second port is a VGA anyway, analog, used for older cards if you need to run analog to Digital monitors.)

Reading that link, I see that footnote two says "Available when TripleHead2Go Digital Edition is connected to the system's dual-link DVI output under Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems."Also on their site is the supported resolutions section:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products...esolutions.htmlThe last three modes (listed as 'New') also list a footnote (#3) which (similar to the footnote above) states: "These widescreen modes are only available when TripleHead2Go Digital Edition is connected to the system's dual-link DVI output under Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems. "In both cases, Matrox is referencing Dual-Link DVI as a requirement for the extended widescreen modes, which is where my confusion is coming from. Why do they require a card with Dual-Link DVI connections if both connections aren't needed/used? Am I misunderstanding what Dual-Link DVI is? I'm under the impression (which could be 100% wrong) that Dual-Link DVI is referring to cards that have 2 DVI ports on them. Is this possibly a restriction to say it wouldn't work in certain modes, on a card that has for example a DVI and a VGA port on it? Not that I have any clue as to what difference that would make on the graphics card side of things, especially if the second output isn't used anyway. I'm just trying to come to grips with why a second DVI port would be a requirement if it doesn't need to be used anyway.-George

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

The Dual Link DVI is the top version of DVI connector. Try to find it in Wiki, as far as I remember there is a good explanation on this topic. TH2Go is a single monitor as viewed from the OS, so it has to be connected to a single port.

Dual Link DVI and regular DVI look very similar, however their pin outs are different. The connectors look the same. My 8800GTS has 2 (TWO) DVI-D connectors (Dual Link DVI).Older video cards probably used DVI (single link). If your video card is newer, say the past 2-3 years chances are each port is DVI-D (duallink). Or, one VGA and one DVI-D.From my reading you need one DVI or VGA type connection, however if you want the higher resolutions your DVI connection must be of type DVI-D (the newer style) in order to work properly.However, the older the card, you may only want to use one of the ports anyway, as the higher resolutions can be very taxing on the video card.Here's a link to a website with a good descriptionhttp://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connect...ce_DVI_Bus.htmlStyle_of_DVI_Connectors.gif

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Dual Link DVI and regular DVI look very similar, however their pin outs are different. The connectors look the same. My 8800GTS has 2 (TWO) DVI-D connectors (Dual Link DVI).Older video cards probably used DVI (single link). If your video card is newer, say the past 2-3 years chances are each port is DVI-D (duallink). Or, one VGA and one DVI-D.From my reading you need one DVI or VGA type connection, however if you want the higher resolutions your DVI connection must be of type DVI-D (the newer style) in order to work properly.However, the older the card, you may only want to use one of the ports anyway, as the higher resolutions can be very taxing on the video card.Here's a link to a website with a good descriptionhttp://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connect...ce_DVI_Bus.htmlStyle_of_DVI_Connectors.gif
Thank you, that definitely helps clear up my confusion. I wasn't aware of the different types of DVI connections, and incorrectly believed that dual-link meant having to use both connectors. I apologize if I've spread any of my own confusion around. It is obvious that since Alan is already running the resolution you're planning on running (as well as myself very soon), and he said he's running on a single connection, so that puts that question to rest. One question I do have for him, however, is if he's still able to use the second connection on his video card to use as a fourth, separate monitor for gauges and such, and what, if any, additional performance degradation occurs under those conditions.Thanks to those who helped clear up my confusion, and again, apologies for relaying incorrect information. In any case, I'm sure you'll love your TH2G when it gets there. I almost feel bad for mine, sitting there with an open port, just begging me to plug a monitor into it. I think that port may be jealous of the other two ports, each having their own monitor and all.Anyhow, best of luck with your new purchases and enjoy the view!-George

Completely understandable. Of all the 'connectors' for PC equipment I think DVI is probably the most confusing as there are four different variations of the same connector.Unfortunately for me my new 'toys' are all showing up at different times between now and next Tuesday so I have to wait a bit too.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

So I finally got my TH2G and with my 8800GTS it will work fine with 3 1440x900 monitors if I don't run in 'Full Screen' mode. Windowed mode works perfectly fine. Is this a driver issue or a card capability issue?I can't for the life of me figure it out. If I switch to full screen all three of my displays go in and out of sync with no picture ever showing up until I switch back to windowed mode. Seems dumb that I can stretch the window in windowed mode across all 3 and it plays just fine.Would love to get rid of the stupid title bar and play in full screen.FSX doesn't like it too much and blinks all the time when I switch displays. So I'm guessing I've either maxed out the capabilities of my 8800GTS (640mb version) or the drivers I have are crud. (I'm using the default ones with Windows 7). Maybe I should revert?

So I finally got my TH2G and with my 8800GTS it will work fine with 3 1440x900 monitors if I don't run in 'Full Screen' mode. Windowed mode works perfectly fine. Is this a driver issue or a card capability issue?I can't for the life of me figure it out. If I switch to full screen all three of my displays go in and out of sync with no picture ever showing up until I switch back to windowed mode. Seems dumb that I can stretch the window in windowed mode across all 3 and it plays just fine.Would love to get rid of the stupid title bar and play in full screen.
-----------------Full Screen is also hopeless on my Triple Mon setup. (2 GPUs, not TH2Go). Solution? Get rid of the horrible MS title bar colours. Change the colour to black/dark grey with dark green lettering.(see Control Panel/display/appearance/advanced). The effect is similar to Boeing FMC colours.Then Auto Hide Menu and Task bars. Finally, change Desktop colour to black/dark grey.Result is hard to distinguish from Full Screen!Alex ReidBaron 58 Near Victoria BC, CYYJ & Gulf Islands with Ultimate Terrain & Ground Environment. Black Desktop can be seen below Sw Panel- left mon and below GPS - right mon.

WOW. That is all I can say. With 3 19" Widescreens running things at 4320x900 is simply amazing! I had to revert to Vista as I think I was dealing with some driver issues in Windows 7.Now my relative specs:Vista 64 UltimateTH2Go Digital3 19" WidescreensNvidia 8800GTS (640mb version)4Gb MemoryWith AI cranked way up my FPS sometimes drops down into the teens, but otherwise I maintain a steady 25-35 with quite a few add-ons. Combine this with finally utilizing my Track-IR and I am in heaven!

Guest salman68

HI Guys!Try this.....its really works!"It seems that the resolution set in Nvidia/Matrox and FSX would only take 3460 x 1050. No larger or my 2D cockpit would vanish and the cursor would flicker and the menu words would just be all lines. So I went back to the older drivers and resolutions and all is fine (albeit not the hi-definition widescreen promised by Matrox and Nvidia)."Good luck!!!!Salman

Guest salman68
WOW. That is all I can say. With 3 19" Widescreens running things at 4320x900 is simply amazing! I had to revert to Vista as I think I was dealing with some driver issues in Windows 7.Now my relative specs:Vista 64 UltimateTH2Go Digital3 19" WidescreensNvidia 8800GTS (640mb version)4Gb MemoryWith AI cranked way up my FPS sometimes drops down into the teens, but otherwise I maintain a steady 25-35 with quite a few add-ons. Combine this with finally utilizing my Track-IR and I am in heaven!
HI Guys!Try this.....its really works!"It seems that the resolution set in Nvidia/Matrox and FSX would only take 3460 x 1050. No larger or my 2D cockpit would vanish and the cursor would flicker and the menu words would just be all lines. So I went back to the older drivers and resolutions and all is fine (albeit not the hi-definition widescreen promised by Matrox and Nvidia)."Good luck!!!!Salman