Sign in to follow this  
Guest BHFPL

Problem with PMDG 747-400X

Guest BHFPL

Hello!I've just bought PMDG 747-400X airplane model and i have big problem when trying to install it.When I start setup.exe even as and admin i get a message"Emulator detected!Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." I'm not using any emulation program or VD program, i turned off UAC and it didn't not help.I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic 64Bit.I hope you'll be able to help me cause i can't wait to fly this great plane.

Please sign your name to your posts in this forum (see rules pinned above).This is the second instance of this problem that I have seen in the last couple of days, but no one in the forum has offered a fix. I recommend you send an email to pmdg support. Be sure you get an automated response, no response meanse they didn't get it. It would be great if they fixed you up and then you shared it here.Rest assured, this problem is not happening to thousands of others (at least it has only been mentioned here twice in the past couple years).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BHFPL

I've fixed it . I chandeg Marvel driver to defaul Vista drivers and it works.Michał Rutka

Thank you Michal for the followup. The Vista/Marvel drivers are for (harddrive?)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BHFPL
Thank you Michal for the followup. The Vista/Marvel drivers are for (harddrive?)?
No,they're for CD/DVD drive and Securom see it as Virtual Drive , if you change it to default driver securom will work properly.Hope it could help someone else. But now I have another problem, my landing / taxi lights are not workin, I can see the light only at the aircraft nose but itsn't lighting up runway or taxi way. Michal Rutka

The light problem is much easier to solve than hardware drivers in vista: Try putting the original spotlight.bmp file back into the textures folder, programs like XGraphics will replace it unless you are savy to the problem and inhibit that.

Dan Downs KCRP