Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FS9 Flight Scenery's Portland in FSX

Folks, 'if you have the FS9 version of Flight Scenery's Portland Flight Zone 2 scenery (same method works for FZ1 too), you may want to read this threadhttp://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...php?p=7410#7410I did what was recommended here with some mods of my own and I now have Portland scenery for FSX which is 98% good as original. I LOVE IT!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Folks, 'if you have the FS9 version of Flight Scenery's Portland Flight Zone 2 scenery (same method works for FZ1 too), you may want to read this threadhttp://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...php?p=7410#7410I did what was recommended here with some mods of my own and I now have Portland scenery for FSX which is 98% good as original. I LOVE IT!Manny
I hafta concur with Manny here, guys. I fly the PNW almost every evening and this has really revitalized the whole experience.I loved FlightScenery in FS9, and now it's (unofficially) back, thanks to a bit of fiddling by a couple of guys. Lots of thanks, Manny. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello:There has been some recent and excellent work at S-OH by CrisGer (Cris German?) and Falcon409 (Ed Wells) on FlightZone's Portland to port KPDX to FSX:"Which KPDX Portland for FSX"http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=20199I'm not sure if they are done, or whether they have posted the resulting files (to be used only with original base payware package?) for download yet ?Hope this helps ! :( GaryGB

QUOTE (Manny @ Feb 19 2009, 06:25 PM) *Folks,'if you have the FS9 version of Flight Scenery's Portland Flight Zone 2 scenery (same method works for FZ1 too), you may want to read this threadhttp://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...php?p=7410#7410I did what was recommended here with some mods of my own and I now have Portland scenery for FSX which is 98% good as original.I LOVE IT!Manny

I hafta concur with Manny here, guys. I fly the PNW almost every evening and this has really revitalized the whole experience.I loved FlightScenery in FS9, and now it's (unofficially) back, thanks to a bit of fiddling by a couple of guys. Lots of thanks, Manny. :(
Hello Paul,Good to meet you outside the Maddog forum for a change (by the way how are you getting on with the current updated versions?)The quoted posts over a year old, for which I apologize. The point is that the FlightScenery link is very dead and I'm wondering whether you have any or all the details of how to modify FZ1 and FZ2 for FSX? :( best regardsRick CanhamSouth Australia

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden

Do yourself a big favor and pick up PNW by Orbx.You will love it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bill Womack is also working on Portland International and ORBX is planning a Portland City freewarethey have already put up some screens, looks typical orbx quality :)

Bill Womack is also working on Portland International and ORBX is planning a Portland City freewarethey have already put up some screens, looks typical orbx quality :)
Indeed I am, and we are. It'll be a while, though, so if you're itchin' to get PDX back into your sim world, retrofitting FZ02 is probably the way to go. Keep an eye out - I'll be posting dev screenies as the work progresses on a new native FSX version.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Indeed I am, and we are. It'll be a while, though, so if you're itchin' to get PDX back into your sim world, retrofitting FZ02 is probably the way to go. Keep an eye out - I'll be posting dev screenies as the work progresses on a new native FSX version.
Hi everyone,Great news, and this is just as I expected (and so much to look forward to :() and is precisely why I think it's worth adapting FZ02 to FSX until the FTX products come along. I have FTX NA all ready to go.So.....can any one help with the abovementioned modifications to FZ02, as the FlightScenery link is dead?best regardsRick Canham

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden

Hi everyone,Great news, and this is just as I expected (and so much to look forward to :() and is precisely why I think it's worth adapting FZ02 to FSX until the FTX products come along. I have FTX NA all ready to go.So.....can any one help with the abovementioned modifications to FZ02, as the FlightScenery link is dead?best regardsRick Canham
Hey Rick!! Haven't had more than an hour in the 'Dog for about a month now. To much FTX PNW/Bojote/BP/Shaders/UIAutomationCore.dll and so on.... :( Yeah - I have all the dope on the PDX area: I'll mooch around here and see if I can find a post with the info in it; if not - then I'll post it here tonight. ( about 7 hours from now - I'm EST)OK - I found it!!! OK.. This is a precis of bnick's ealier post, and so this is what I followed. The last part is a bit confusing.. but it works. Good luck!PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:52 pmI'd like to note that I am not using the FlightZone02_LC Landclass directory at all because I am using, and have really enjoyed the wonderful Landclass, Roadway\Railway\River\Lake\Creek\Stream, software GEX\UTX which covers the whole USA and has incredible satellite based GIS\GPS accurate detail...Here is what I removed until our beloved FZ02 is finally made available and of which I hope I live long enough to see...Note 1: I do still get some FZ02 ground texture bleedthrough if my camera is close to the ground but if I pan in spotview at about 40' or 50' AGL the bleed disappears...Note 3: The entire Landclass FlightZone02_LC directory can still be used in FSX\Sp1\Sp2 as I have tested it with no problems at least on my machine... It was beautifully created and is very accurate for the FZ02 area if one is not using the GEX\UTX addon packages...Here are the files I found caused many on the problems in FSX for me...Remove:-1W1-ground01v2.bgl (great PDX photo scenery but many of the buildings are black... If the bgl was recompiled without all those black buildings the whole FZ02 area would look just about perfect...All FZ02 Tree bgl's needed removing...hio-rwy01.bglhio-rwy02.bglhio-tarmac01.bglhio-tarmac02.bglhio-trees01.bglhio-trees02.bglhio-trees03PDX_trees03-01.bglPDX_trees03-02.bglPDX_trees03-03.bglPDX_trees03-04.bglPDX_treesAMF.bglPDX_treeseastpk.bglPDX_treesFltcft.bglPDX_treespt5.bglPDX_treespt9.bglPDX_treespt11.bglPDX_treessouth.bglPDX_treestwr.bglpdx-dirtsrwyCv2.bglpdx-dirtsrwyEv2.bglpdx-dirtsrwyWv2.bglAll pdx-tarmac bgl's needed removing...pdx-tarmac2_E.bglpdx-tarmac2_W.bglpdx-tarmac2_Wa.bglpdx-tarmac2v2.bglpdx-2004seasons.bgl needed removing...ttd_tarmac01.bglttd_tarmac02.bglttd_tarmac03.bglttd-trees.bglvuo-tarmac01.bglvuo-tarmac02.bglvuo-trees01,bglvuo-trees02.bglvuo-trees03.bglI also used the FSXPlanner and the Airport Design Editor programs to edit the FSX master Airport Afcad APX15150.bgl which is found in the FSX\Scenery\0101 directory... (Note - by pj.. I have no idea what he did here..)This APX15150.bgl was easily converted using Bgl2Xml.exe if needed...I still need to move a bit more the default FSX APX15150.bgl's, Jetways and parking to align with the FZ02 Terminal buildings and Jetways more accurately and this can be done nicely in either of the free FSXPlanner program or the Airport Design Editor programs which sync's nicely with an FSX Top-Down slew mode while FSX is running...I hate to add anything else here but I have to note, that at least for me, if I also remove:kpdxrwylights.bglkvuorwylights.bglkttdrwylights.bglI keep all my Dusk\Nite\Dawn runway lights and flashing strobes\Rabbit turned on during these hours... BUT, and for whatever reason I cannot explain, and maybe Vauchez can, I lose seeing all daytime AI aircraft... Dusk\Nite\Dawn AI aircraft show up perfectly, only the daytime planes disappear... This has happened only since FSX SP2... All the AI is still working, you just cannot see the planes... I see all their lights and rubber smoke on landings, but no aircraft, if those bgls listed just above here are installed... Remember crazy as this is with these same bgl's removed I also see all my Dusk\Nite\Dawn runway lights...Now if I install those 3 bgl's I will see all my AI aircraft perfectly during Day\Dusk\Nite\Dawn but I will loose all my Dusk\Nite\Dawn runway lights and strobes within the FZ02 area... If I'm flying to Seattle's SEATAC KSEA all AI aircraft and runway lights work perfectly because I'm out of the FZ02 area... Go figure... I have removed SP2 and everything works fine in the FZ02 area regarding seeing all my AI aircraft and all runway lights but SP2 does something strange to say the least within these 3 bgl's...If you have installed UT upgrade, all the files listed below should have been renamed from .bgl to .oriHL915150_FZ02_EXHP915150_FZ02_EXRD915150_FZ02_EXRR915150_FZ02_EXST915150_FZ02_EXIf it's not the case, rename them manually to .ori and see if the problem is gone in FS. Additional info from Mike (MSW):-In Addon Scenery/ Flightzone02_SC/Scenery. I deleted FL9159150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori, HL915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori through HP_123126_FZ02_lwm.bgl (about 36 files), RD915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori through RD_FZ02_122126.bgl (5 files), RR915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori, ST915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.oriPlus if present I deleted FL915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, HL915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, HP915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, RD915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, RR915150FZ02_EX.bgl, ST915150_FZ02_EX.bglThar ya go!! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hey Rick!! .......Yeah - I have all the dope on the PDX area: I'll mooch around here and see if I can find a post with the info in it; if not - then I'll post it here tonight. ( about 7 hours from now - I'm EST).......OK - I found it!!! Thar ya go!! :(
G'day Paul,Thanks so much.....as we say here: 'Yer blood's worth bottling'! :( take careRick

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden