Sign in to follow this  
Guest Snewlin06

Tile proxy problem?

Guest Snewlin06

First let me say that I am not very computer savy, but after reading about Tileproxy and using Ed's guide, I installed it and ran it. The first boot of FSX didnt seem to work, so I shut FSX down, then TP, then restarted. On the second attempt, I got it to run and it was amazing. I flew for two hours in and around my home town, and had a blast.I havent been able to get it to work since, and I cant figure out why.Some elements seem to be working. The shape of the terrain looks right, but usually see nothing but a mottled green field. The airports around me all appear. Occasionally the ground breaks up and you see tiles that look like they came from really high altitude (I saw a tile today that clearly had India and the Indian ocean it it.I tried reading the manual, and dug around here, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I used Ed's FSX .ini file, and have tried it with the different services to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Not sure what happened but if you had re-booted the computer between TP sessions, make sure your virus Software or some other file scanning software didn't turn back on. Also if you flew for "a couple hours" your World Folder and Service Cache's may have downloaded several GB of textures. Though it's nice to have these "cached", for the sake of troubleshooting, you might want to try cleaning out all the textures in your World Folder and Service Cache's and trying TP again. Use the "Cleanup World Folder" and "Manage Service Caches" shortcuts in the TP Start menu. A simple alternative way to completely clear the Service Cache is just to delete any folders named "cache.service1", "cache.service2", etc., (If you installed to the default locations they would be at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games") TP just re-generates the entire folder(s) if it doesn't exist at TP boot time.Being as TP worked once (and nicely it seems), it's probably a simple fix, but I'd at least start with the above items.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

I just installed TP for the first time today, and I have the same exact problem. I haven't gotten TP to work yet. I have a completely standard FSX installation (FSX Deluxe with SP2 and Acceleration) on a Windows XP 32-bit PC. I have followed Ed Truthan's instructions exactly and I am using his ProxyUser.ini file without any modifications. FSX is installed in the standard C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X location. Tileproxy is downloading the correct .bmp's and I see them in the various C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\cache.service3 directories. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\TileProxy Photoreal World also has a bunch of directories but almost all of the data is in the LOD8 directory. The size of LOD8 is 967MB and the size of the TileProxy Photoreal World directory is 1.05GB. When TP loads up it shows the various LOD circles "filling in" with *'s and Preloaded = 19236, but Individual tile accesses is always 0. In FSX I see the ring around my location in the top-down view and the outermost parts of the ring show the correct LOD8 images, but where the higher res images are supposed to be are squares of the LOD8 scenery that are smaller and smaller in size and all jumbled around. For example I'm trying to use this at the KLWM airport and I see a very high view of the tip of Cape Cod all jumbled around and turned around all around me.What is going on? Is TP having trouble converting the .bmp's to .bgl's ? Is FSX just not loading them correctly?

I see the following lines in the TileProxy output when I load up FSX and start a flight:proxyUser: Simulation started!Simulation Initial State: STARTED!proxyUser: Simulation stopped!Simulation Intial State: STOPPED!That sure doesn't seem right. This is when the flight is just starting to load and is about 10% or so through loading. Also, why does TileProxy attempt to install the SP1 version of SimConnect during its own installation? The SimConnect that is part of the Tileproxy installation is not the same that comes with FS Deluxe...

hmm I see in this post Christian had the same problem http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=234692and after a reboot it went away for him. So I rebooted also and its working! yeehaw

I see the following lines in the TileProxy output when I load up FSX and start a flight:proxyUser: Simulation started!Simulation Initial State: STARTED!proxyUser: Simulation stopped!Simulation Intial State: STOPPED!That sure doesn't seem right. This is when the flight is just starting to load and is about 10% or so through loading. Also, why does TileProxy attempt to install the SP1 version of SimConnect during its own installation? The SimConnect that is part of the Tileproxy installation is not the same that comes with FS Deluxe...