Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOD

757X - No ILS?

With the correct ILS freq/course set either automatically or manually, my 757 does not "see" the ILS. Even when in the middle of the beam with the correct freq and course showing on the ADI and HSI, the course and GP deviation indicators are missing from the ADI, the GP indicator is missing from the HSI and the HSI CDI remains firmly centred and not seeing the LOC whatever the aircraft does.Have re-installed twice with no luck. Seems only a minority have anything like this bug so v grateful if anyone has found a solution.John R

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SolvedFor anyone with this problem, you need to rebuild the dll.xml.

John,What do you mean by rebuiling the dll.xml file? Is it as simple as deleting the .xml (of course making a backup) and restarting FSX?Robert

SolvedFor anyone with this problem, you need to rebuild the dll.xml.

Robert,Yes, that's exactly what I did. The new file picked up all my other add-ons as necessary {FSUIPC etc etc} and sorted out the CS problem.John R

Robert,Yes, that's exactly what I did. The new file picked up all my other add-ons as necessary {FSUIPC etc etc} and sorted out the CS problem.John R
OMG!!That's wrong!FSX rebuilds FSX.cfg but NEVER rebuilds an XML file!

OMG!!That's wrong!FSX rebuilds FSX.cfg but NEVER rebuilds an XML file!
Sure about that??Best regards,Robin.

Sure about that??Best regards,Robin.
Make the test.Copy your file on your dektop then delete it from its original location.Load FSX and check :-)if you need to add the lines manually to dll.xml, here they are:<Launch.Addon> <Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>IMO, John is confusing with the [TRUSTED] part of the FSX.cfg .

Hi David,Quite right.I'm old and hairy enough not to confuse FSX.cfg with dll.xml; but also old and hairy enough to have the odd senior moment.I bought the CS at their recent fire sale just to see what all the fuss was about - I soon found out and it only stayed on my FSX installation for a couple of days {my old PSS beta is far better from a piiot's viewpoint}. So when the question came up I was onto other things.I know I changed the dll.xml somehow and I suspect that I found that the entry from the CS installer was incorrect in someway and I re-did it manually {its still in my dll.xml and I can see that the CS entry has been edited - forgot to remove it when I took the 757 off}.Apolgies to the guys above.RegardsJohn