Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

adding kai tak to PMDG 747 X fmc

hi, i have been trying to add SID/STARS to PMDG's 747 X fmc with no luck, ive tried copying the LAT/LONG corrdinates from fly tampa http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3105copied them into a notepad, and saving it as VHHX and putting it in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\sidstars folder.ive also downloaded fmc SID/STARS from a website i dont have the link to and i put it in the same folder with no luck. so all in all how could i add VHHX to my fmc so i have SID/STARS for the airport in my fmc? and could you autoland there or is there no ils?-thank you

Please sign you name to posts in this forum. Thank you.Look in the PMDG Ops wiki section. There is an article there on how to do this as well as info on navdat file formats.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello there,Can you be a bit more specific with your problem. Do you have difficulties inserting or modifying the procedure or do you receive a message at the bottom of the fmc when using the procedure? in the latter case what is the message appearing at the bottom of your FMC?If you post more details including a detailed schedule of each step you have undertaken to add this procedure we may be able to help you.Cheers,

Hello there,Can you be a bit more specific with your problem. Do you have difficulties inserting or modifying the procedure or do you receive a message at the bottom of the fmc when using the procedure? in the latter case what is the message appearing at the bottom of your FMC?If you post more details including a detailed schedule of each step you have undertaken to add this procedure we may be able to help you.Cheers,
sorry, when i go to the fly tampa website there is a post under fly tampa kai tak that says: Kai Tak Lat /Lon Coordinates for FMC's that is suppost to give you corrdinartes for getting SID/STARS for VHHX. when i go to that post i go under "FSX Version" and copy that whole thing (starting from Runway IGS 13-DDM N22 18.287068 E114 12.877200) after i copy it i go to microsoft notepad and paste the whole thing there and save it as VHHX. after it is all saved it take it and put it in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\sidstars folder, once it is in i goto fsx, start at an airport, and try to select VHHX as a STAR but the fmc doesnt reconize it or it doesnt think the VHHX file is there. so my question is am i doing this right? and if i'm not how could i make it so i am doing it right?-thank you

thanks, but what is a wpNacAPT.txt in FMCWP? and were is airports.dat? and were is the wpNacAPT.txt in FMCWP? when i saw were is i mean what both, i.e. c://program files/ etc etc-thank you
I think Sam meant the wpNavAPT.TXT file located in your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\NavData or in whatever drive your FSX is installed. Just follow the instructions mentioned in the webpage mentioned by Sam and you should be in good shape.

Guest icecone
thanks, but what is a wpNacAPT.txt in FMCWP? and were is airports.dat? and were is the wpNacAPT.txt in FMCWP? when i saw were is i mean what both, i.e. c://program files/ etc etc-thank you
I don't have fsx installed so i'm not sure, but if you open the file and see the lines in the same format as the line you required to add, that would be it.Sam

Newbie... please sign your name and read the responses. The PMDG Ops section has an article on navdata files and where they are located. I recommend you try to understand how the simple text data files work before modifying them. It is not difficult, but requires that you spend a little time learning about the workings of the simulation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Newbie... please sign your name and read the responses. The PMDG Ops section has an article on navdata files and where they are located. I recommend you try to understand how the simple text data files work before modifying them. It is not difficult, but requires that you spend a little time learning about the workings of the simulation.
ok, thanks.