Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

The world-wide economy is down-sizing

Sort of curious. Seems like everyone is cutting back these days. Are you finding yourself down-sizing your payware purchases too? Or maybe just the opposite... spending more time and money on the hobby rather than splurging and going out for leasure activities?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

To answer the first question, no, I don't plan to cut down on my payware purchases. If anything, having gone over to the dark side (i.e., FSX), I'm planning on making a few more purchases than I would have had I stuck with FS9.Knock on wood, but while it appears that the BC provincial government has frozen public wages, my job isn't imminently threatened by the downturn in the economy. If anything, the downturn can be good for those of us in higher education: as the economy worsens, people tend to go back to school.Interesting question, though...

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

CC,The only thing that has been temporarily unavailable is the inflow of cash. I have just completed my first week back to work after being out 3 months.I have many things queued up for my Flight Simming hobby. First is a new PC to run FS9 & FSX satisfactorily. Second are numerous addons for both FS9 and FSX.With all the 'doom-and-gloom" from the media and the probable lack of a future for MSFS, I am quite excited and will be happy once the $$'s start rolling back into the bank account. For as long as I can use FS9 and now FSX smoothly without stutters, I will be satisfied.Thanks for asking.Jim