Sign in to follow this  
Guest topgun1

747-400 tutorials help!

Guest topgun1

Hello,Ok i have downloaded the 747-400 lessons from PMDG site and also the tutorials from Holger Seilz and Craig Read.This is probably a silly question for most of you but because i a newbie in this i realy want to get it right.I have the PMDG 747-400X along with MSFSX but the lessons and the tutorials i noticed are for the PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKY first version along with MSFS 2004 or 2009.So my question is can i use these lessons and tutorials as well in my PMDG 747-400X QUEEN OF THE SKY.My apology as i said if this is a stupid question but i realy have to learn this from scratch.Many thanks for help.Danny Cebis.

Hello,Ok i have downloaded the 747-400 lessons from PMDG site and also the tutorials from Holger Seilz and Craig Read.This is probably a silly question for most of you but because i a newbie in this i realy want to get it right.I have the PMDG 747-400X along with MSFSX but the lessons and the tutorials i noticed are for the PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKY first version along with MSFS 2004 or 2009.So my question is can i use these lessons and tutorials as well in my PMDG 747-400X QUEEN OF THE SKY.My apology as i said if this is a stupid question but i realy have to learn this from scratch.Many thanks for help.Danny Cebis.
I am Craig! lol... It's not a problem, all you really need to complete mine is the .rte file and that file is compatible with both FS9 and FSX versions. Then you must setup the weights as per the tutorial within the load manager and confirm that those weights are correct as you go through the flight. My panel state is not important, you can either use this or not use it, just some tiny things will be slightly different but it will not make a difference to you following the tutorial whatsoever. As for any other differences, there aren't any, the FS9 and FSX versions of the simulation are the same in terms of functionality as they are both 747-400 sims, and the plane doesn't change.If you have any questions or want some help feel free to drop me an e-mail, my mail is on the tutorial at the bottom and I'll help you out. I also use skype and walk a lot of newbies through various processes etc... I'm happy to help you this way too if you'd like.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest topgun1
I am Craig! lol... It's not a problem, all you really need to complete mine is the .rte file and that file is compatible with both FS9 and FSX versions. Then you must setup the weights as per the tutorial within the load manager and confirm that those weights are correct as you go through the flight. My panel state is not important, you can either use this or not use it, just some tiny things will be slightly different but it will not make a difference to you following the tutorial whatsoever. As for any other differences, there aren't any, the FS9 and FSX versions of the simulation are the same in terms of functionality as they are both 747-400 sims, and the plane doesn't change.If you have any questions or want some help feel free to drop me an e-mail, my mail is on the tutorial at the bottom and I'll help you out. I also use skype and walk a lot of newbies through various processes etc... I'm happy to help you this way too if you'd like.CheersCraig
Hello Craig,and thankyou so much for that yes iam going to need lot of help in this.I thought as much that the 747-400X and 747-400 would be same but i wanted to be 100% that i will be doing the right thing.I will certainly be in touch with you Craig,again thankyou.Danny Cebis.

Guest SkullxBones

One of the bigger stumbling blocks for people not familiar with the PMDG747, is programming the FMC. Take a look at the videos in the link below, 9 of them in the series. They are for the 737, but you can follow it with your 747. Very easy to follow and will have you up and running in no time.

Jeff P.

Danny, if any help, find a reasonably short route to start with - say an hours flight, if that. Get used to being able to start up from 'warm' and 'cold' to learn what you need to use, etc.Fly the route with varying loads... bit of a handful when empty as it tends to rocket through the altitudes (Hint - just use maximum derate). Also another thing users have trouble with is fuel - just take a guess, then alter the fuel load in the pmdg options menu till you have an amount left at the arrival airport.You'll soon get used to the way it handles.More routes!!! plenty of free planners online if you don't want to spend a small amount. As Jeff said the FMC takes some getting used to but once you master it... easy as pie.Don't choose the same model after a flight in fsx else you might end up with smoking engines and the overhead panel goes all blurry... The tyres always smoke in winter in fsx too, so don't worry :( Then after that you can always introduce failures lol. Have fun, that's the main thing After all when you first used a computer that was daunting... and now???btw you dont have the monopoly on silly questions... I have lolJohn Ellison

Guest topgun1

Hello everyone,and i thankyou so much for all your replies.Danny Cebis

I was always taught as a kid, no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers.Regards

Geoff Bryce

Guest bassplayer1939

Hi Are any of you guys having problems saving the tutorial or any other 747 flights in FSX. I have two issues with the Holgar tutorial loading. In FSX it loads a Cessna onto the apron mid gates. Completely on the wrong side of the Departure building. It does not recognise the Lufthansa livery which is in my aircraft file. Secondly, and more depressing, when I save and reload the FMC posts No Active Flightplan. I know from experience that I will have no response when I try to activate LOC/APP when on finals.On a 12 hour flight this is the last thing you need.Mick. PS. Posted here as some of you seem to know what you are about re the 747 FMC

Guest bassplayer1939

Update on current position.NAV RADIO is reading on the top line.VOR L VOR R112.00 KEF ---------The second fix has dissappeared in the " Save " process. I am 217.7 NM from DA ( NDB) 377.00 but as I am running into the area where MAG needs changing to TRUE the 747 flys off course. The FMC is still posting the message NO Active Flight Plan. I am to say the least MIFFED.Urgent help needed. If I can not save then Longhaul Flights are out of the question.Mick

Guest bassplayer1939

I have had this request for help on a "TANDEM " thread dealing with the Holgar' tutorial. I duplicated the request incase someone knew the possiible answer but was only reading one thread.Thanks MICK