Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

karim_

PSS Airbus Question

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi!I'm not sure exactly what do you mean by "fill", but this is what I do.On the INIT page I enter my initial Flight Level, let's say FL280. When reaching that Level, the aircraft enters Cruise Mode, and I check what is the Optimun Cruise Level on the PROG page. I let the Optimal Level be 2000ft higher than I am. So, as soon as FL300 becomes the Optimun Cruise, I climb to FL320. That's it: 2000ft above the OPT Cruise. That is for a standard ICAO steps of 4000ft.Soft Landings! :(

Ok, I am gonna try it!Another question: On the N1 engine display, there is a orange little dot on it. Its the maximum engine power I guess, it doesn't exceed that rate, but its too less to hold the airspeed on cruise and then the airspeed goes down. Do you know how to make that orange dot a little higher so I can hold the airspeed?Regards.

Hi!Karim. I believe it is your name, if not, please sign with your name as it is one of the forum rules.The simple answer is no. I have yet to find a way of the VNAV to increase or decrease the EPR. In other words, how to do a derate Climb.There is however an undocumented, as far as I know, function of fine tunning performance factors.If you right click on the INIT button, you'll access the tuning functions. Again, I have never tried them myself. When I need to increase power, I do it manually without the auto-throttles.But, please read your manual, you might find some answers there!Hope this helps you!Soft Landings! :(