Sign in to follow this  
fushi

MD-11 speed restriction on the climb

Captains,MD-11 FMS hasn't speed restriction setting page like ACT 250KT CLM page of 747-400 FMS.Is it only an omission?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Captains,MD-11 FMS hasn't speed restriction setting page like ACT 250KT CLM page of 747-400 FMS.Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Hi Kan-ichiro, I am not sure if I understand your issue?For example: click on any point of the programmed SID on the right side keys on the MCDU ( Vertical Revision), there you will see the speed restriction like 250/10000.Does this answer your question?RGDSTOM

Hi,I have known there is no problem in the Tutorial 1 SID as an example.Please look at the FMS of Boeings, Airbususes and others.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Tom answered you, the speed restriction for < 10,000 can be changed on the VERT REV page... you are right, there is not a VNAV page like the Boeing but you can accomplish the same things.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,I have known there is no problem in the Tutorial 1 SID as an example.Please look at the FMS of Boeings, Airbususes and others.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Kan-ichiro, good to see you on the MD11!If you open the FMS manual and go to page FMS.30.5 there is a picture of the Vertical Revision (Vert Rev) page there, you can see the Climb Speed Limit by the line select key 5R.TO change the speed limit below 10000, open your F-PLN page, click on the speed/alt constraint by the first waypoint and you'll get this screen, from there you can enter your desired speed. I usually use 350/10000 if I've been given no speed restriction on the climb.Hope this helps!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Dear, Mark,Thank you for your kind instructions. The PMDG MD-11 (to fly Douglasway) is great!Although I have been able to set the speed restriction at the specified waypoint, I would like to set the speed restriction generally under 250KT below Alt 10,000ft as same as Boeings or Airbuses.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihra

Hi Fushi,As Mark stated it's on the Vert Rev page on the right hand side 'CLB SPD LIM'. You can choose any waypoint before the T/C including the Departure airport. Waypoints chosen after T/C will allow you to enter restrictions for the descent 'DES SPD LIM'. This is exactly the same as boeing but located differently.Nathan

Nathan

Hi Nathan,I have assumed the setting like 'CLB Page' on the FMC USER'S MANUAL (12-43) of PMDG 747-400X.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Sorry, the MD-11 simulates the MD-11. The 747X is a different airplane.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I don't know whether or not it is a Douglas way. I have been reluctantly using AFS of the FCP (SPD 250KT and ALT 10000FT) without the FMS (FMS SPD and PROF) on the non-SID departure of MD-11. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi, I don't know whether or not it is a Douglas way. I have been reluctantly using AFS of the FCP (SPD 250KT and ALT 10000FT) without the FMS (FMS SPD and PROF) on the non-SID departure of MD-11. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Hi Kan-ichiro, it seems like we don't quite have your issue sorted here so I'll try again. I admit that during testing it took me a while to find it too!So:Step 1: Enter your flight plan, complete all the performance init data.Step 2: Click on F-PLN and up comes this screenStep 3: Click on the speed/altitude constraint for one of your waypoints (ie in this case say key '2R') and the following screen appearsType in the desired speed below 10,000 (ie anything up to '350' is fine) then press key 5R, the display will change from '250/10000' to whatever speed you entered.Now, in PROF you should accelerate all the way to your desired climb speed once you've cleaned up.Remember if you're flying on VATSIM to ONLY do this with clearance, the controller is expecting you at 250 knots below 10,000 feet so they'll want to know about this in advance. Of course, if you're offline, then you're the boss!Fellow MD11ers, if I've got anything wrong here please step in.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hi Mark,Thank you for your kind instructions.However, how do you set the initial climb speed restriction of 250KT/10000ft in the following case?MCDU.jpgSincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Mark,Thank you for your kind instructions.However, how do you set the initial climb speed restriction of 250KT/10000ft in the following case?MCDU.jpgSincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
You did not enter a Runway, did u do that on purpose?But anyway, you can just click on LSK 1R (the first/ tomost key on the right side, next to the number 119) and overwrite the speed like this: "250/10000". Thats all :( Is is working?TOM

Hmm, well you're missing a SID there, but I think it should still work if you click the key next to PANC's altitude (where it says '119').If not, then it may be a case of adding a SID first. Hope that helps.

Mark Adeane - NZWN