Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpliesch

Strange Graphic Problem

I have exactly same problem with Nvidia drivers 182.06. I already had the problem since 178.xx train.Sometimes freeze in 10 minutes, sometimes after 1H... Having some warning prefreeze. rarely recovers (10% of time).CPU, FSB, DRAM and GPU all running at stock speed. FSX SP2. LDS767.Just rechecked RAM usage, kernel space usage, and various temps when having the problem : nothing wrong.So far I've disabled Intel Speedstep in the bios, tried various AA/AF settings, tried 3 Nvidia drivers (>178.7x, 181.26,182.06) but no joy.Removed Autogen, all traffic, but no joy either.-> This time Im trying to lower my FEX/REX textures to 1024bits only, with according TEXTURE MAX LOAD=1024 in FSX.cfg (instead of 4096).-> I also removed bufferpools (10M) from my fsx.cfg. Better have stutter than display freezing and crashing.Will report back if any good in this thread.I remember reading in some other forum people running ATI with the same problem...

Guest tpliesch

Today made some flights with DX10 preview.In this configuration there is no graphic problem like posted above.I also regoniced, that switching between window and full screen mode is also much faster in DX10.In DX9 it always take a few seconds for reload the graphic - not so in DX10.It seems that the problem is in the DX9 - which i will perform because off my addons which where not DX10 compatible.But for the first moment i am happy, because i can FLY.But i will still investigate the DX9 problem - now FS9 has to wait a little more time :-)Maybe there are some spezial DX9 setting i have not done in my config - please still help!RegardsThomas

Tried older drivers as well, no luck here either. I was only able to go back as far as the 178.xx due to earlier versions not recognizing my GTX-260. Given the fact that the problem doesn't happen while in DX10 mode, can we safely rule out any OOM issue?

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I just tried updating my DirectX (thanks for the link, Larry), and no joy... :( Oh, and just to clarify, it seems to happen only when switching views, or going from VC to 2d cockpit, or going up to the menu to change something. Doesn't happen at all with default a/c, or low-complexity add-on a/c, such as Carenado stuff.

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

jaybird, tpliech, do you both have bufferpools defined in fsx.cfg ?

Jerome,I've tried different bufferpool values, 50, 80 & 100mb, and no entry at all, none of them made any difference whatsoever. I'm currently using BufferPools 100000000, along with TBM=80. I've also tried different TBM values, 40, 50, 70, 80 & no entry at all. No difference. The only thing I've tried that had ANY effect was to try DX-10 preview. That eliminated the current problem, but, as you know, it brings up a whole bunch of other ones!Thanks,Jay

Do you happen to use AI traffic ? MyTrafficX ?
No, not here. No traffic add-ons, and my AI traffic is @ 19%. Also, I found my copy of Wilco/PIC 737, which I hadn't installed yet on my new rig. It works perfectly, no corruption issues at all. So, for me anyway, I've only experienced the problem using the PMDG 747 & MD-11, as I don't own the LD-767. Oh, that reminds me, I should try the Eaglesoft SR-22. That's a fairly complex a/c.Jay

Guest tpliesch

Still no good news from my side!I have updated DX, have changed bufferpools, ...Have AI disabled.I also have the problem with WILCO A320, but with this the problem accours after 2 hrs.When using PMDG 747X, it will take only 15min and my grphic goes crazy.May i have an old problem - on fsinsider i found in the support an hotfix for VISTA (without SP1), which solves a problem with multimonitor.The desciption sound like my problem. But this hotfix is not for VISTA with SP1 and i cannot try it.I will try to connect MS for our problem.When i have news, i let you know.

Guest Jim Knows
Still no good news from my side!I have updated DX, have changed bufferpools, ...Have AI disabled.I also have the problem with WILCO A320, but with this the problem accours after 2 hrs.When using PMDG 747X, it will take only 15min and my grphic goes crazy.May i have an old problem - on fsinsider i found in the support an hotfix for VISTA (without SP1), which solves a problem with multimonitor.The desciption sound like my problem. But this hotfix is not for VISTA with SP1 and i cannot try it.I will try to connect MS for our problem.When i have news, i let you know.
tpliesch and jaybird,There is nothing wrong with the drivers. Maybe your video card, but I doubt that also. Go to this link: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=156769#156769. Do exactly what it is says to setup nHancer. I have a funny feeling your problems will be a thing of the past.Complete guide is here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041Good Luck

tpliesch and jaybird,There is nothing wrong with the drivers. Maybe your video card, but I doubt that also. Go to this link: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=156769#156769. Do exactly what it is says to setup nHancer. I have a funny feeling your problems will be a thing of the past.Complete guide is here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041Good Luck
Jim,Speaking for myself, I have nHancer set up exectly as Nick describes. I have also tried removing nHancer and reverting to driver default settings with no change whatsoever. In fact, I used that exact guide when I installed and set up FSX. It was a huge help in setting up my new rig, which was also built along Nick's suggestions. FSX runs great in almost every other aspect. Sure, I wish I could get a few more frames while taxiing around JFK, but I also have almost every slider full-right, so I'm usually a pretty happy simmer. Except, of course, when I have to abandon ship whenever this problem comes up. :( Jay

Guest napamule

You said buffer pools=100 000 000. Is this right? If so, change it to 10 000 000 and that MIGHT be your problem. Just a typo? How can that be causing all these problems? (Well, it CAN, you know).Chuck BNapamuledetails, details, details-you GOT's to be more careful...

Glad to see I am not the only one having this problem, not glad its happening though. :( Systemi7 965 overclocked to 4.0Ghz (Liquid Cooled)6 gb 1600Mhz ramGigabyte x58-UD5 MoboEVGA GTX 295 Video CardVista 64ABS 1100W PSU

Guest tpliesch
Jim,Speaking for myself, I have nHancer set up exectly as Nick describes. I have also tried removing nHancer and reverting to driver default settings with no change whatsoever. In fact, I used that exact guide when I installed and set up FSX. It was a huge help in setting up my new rig, which was also built along Nick's suggestions. FSX runs great in almost every other aspect. Sure, I wish I could get a few more frames while taxiing around JFK, but I also have almost every slider full-right, so I'm usually a pretty happy simmer. Except, of course, when I have to abandon ship whenever this problem comes up. :( Jay
The same for me. I also used the guides, but the problem is still the same.And some remindes for my tests with graphic card:I tested with NVIDIA GTX260 and ATI HD3870 -> the problem is always the same :-((Thomas