Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emcott

Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne X

I regret to say it's something you [and your friend] are doing as it works right every time for me.Maybe you could post the same kind of panel shot as the above to display your autopilot and maybe nav radio settings?The only thing maybe I can suggest is that you shouldn't select Approach mode until the glideslope indicator drops to the centre position.I select Nav mode to line up on the localiser runway heading and then switch to Approach only once the glideslope indicator is at the centre. I don't think that's a peculiarity of the Cheyenne - I have seen it recommended for other aircraft too.Just a couple of points which I'm sure you have picked up from the manuals:1) The yaw damper has to be on for the autopilot to operate2) Nav1 needs to be set to a valid ILS frequency. This will switch the nav source from GPS to VOR/ILS, but Nav mode needs to be selected on the autopilot to activate it (& Heading mode off once Nav shows as coupled) 3) There is no autothrottle on the Cheyenne, so you need to manage speed at c. 110 knots with full flap during the approach, otherwise it may diverge from the glideslope [possibly in a rather dramatic way if you get too slow]. 4) There is no autoflare so you need to disconnect the autopilot at an appropriate point to complete the landing manually.The above points are of course accurate representations of the actual aircraft, they are NOT faults in the Digital Aviation model.

ngxu_banner.png

I echo the fact that this is the best add-on I have come across so far.I wouldn't say I'm an especially sophisticated user of the Trimble - I generally load up a flightplan directly from the FS active flight & go.I don't do Direct To's or fly approach procedures from the Trimble.Those that do that clever stuff do seem to have some problems which DA is trying to fix.I have never had a single CTD which I'd put down to the Cheyenne as opposed to other factors.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest Emcott
I regret to say it's something you [and your friend] are doing as it works right every time for me.Maybe you could post the same kind of panel shot as the above to display your autopilot and maybe nav radio settings?The only thing maybe I can suggest is that you shouldn't select Approach mode until the glideslope indicator drops to the centre position.I select Nav mode to line up on the localiser runway heading and then switch to Approach only once the glideslope indicator is at the centre. I don't think that's a peculiarity of the Cheyenne - I have seen it recommended for other aircraft too.Just a couple of points which I'm sure you have picked up from the manuals:1) The yaw damper has to be on for the autopilot to operate2) Nav1 needs to be set to a valid ILS frequency. This will switch the nav source from GPS to VOR/ILS, but Nav mode needs to be selected on the autopilot to activate it (& Heading mode off once Nav shows as coupled) 3) There is no autothrottle on the Cheyenne, so you need to manage speed at c. 110 knots with full flap during the approach, otherwise it may diverge from the glideslope [possibly in a rather dramatic way if you get too slow]. 4) There is no autoflare so you need to disconnect the autopilot at an appropriate point to complete the landing manually.The above points are of course accurate representations of the actual aircraft, they are NOT faults in the Digital Aviation model.

Guest Emcott

Sorry, accidentally did the quote thing. Yep, everything is as it should with every ILS approach I've ever done with this aircraft. The Nav captures it, wait for the glideslope indicator to center, activate approach. The AP just will not obey the runway alignment indicator. All is as it should be with Nav 1 radio set at 110.50 approach to Honolulu runway 4R. It makes its initial ajustment and then as alignment indicator begins to move further to tell it to correct its steer the AP does nothing. Many airports tried with all the same results... Hands up on this one and just to let you know, as I've said, I have allot of addon aircraft and execute ILS approaches with no issues what so ever.

Sorry, accidentally did the quote thing. Yep, everything is as it should with every ILS approach I've ever done with this aircraft. The Nav captures it, wait for the glideslope indicator to center, activate approach. The AP just will not obey the runway alignment indicator. All is as it should be with Nav 1 radio set at 110.50 approach to Honolulu runway 4R. It makes its initial ajustment and then as alignment indicator begins to move further to tell it to correct its steer the AP does nothing. Many airports tried with all the same results... Hands up on this one and just to let you know, as I've said, I have allot of addon aircraft and execute ILS approaches with no issues what so ever.
Have you possibly got the AP set to GPS mode?

Bert

Guest Emcott
Have you possibly got the AP set to GPS mode?
Nope, it set to VOR/ILS

Nope, it set to VOR/ILS
I'm curious now since I have the Cheyenne. Where else have you flown ILS approaches with this aircraft? I will play around with a few places in FSX that I have flown before and see what the outcome is.Keith

Keith Guillory

Maybe it performs better if you have a fully paid up copy.. :(

Bert

Maybe it performs better if you have a fully paid up copy.. :(
I was wondering when someone was going to notice that. He did say twice that he was glad that he didn't buy it!Todd

I checked the Cheyenne support forum, and the fix is listed there.Suggest you get your friend who has the license to look it up for you.Look for ILS in one of the most recent posts.

Bert

Guest Emcott

It is a fully paid and completely updated version. Just because I sampled this on a friend's computer does not make me a criminal or him Either for that matter. Keep your slander to yourself pal.

Guest Emcott

I never from the very beginning of this post ever suggested that I was the owner of this software, only that after using it on my buddy's computer, {who owns and purchased it} and that it seemed to have these issues that not only myself but also my friend had noticed. My friend not being an avid simmer anymore, as I still am, never went to lengths that I have to try and find what the issues may have been, but as for me, I was much more taken with the plane and with simming overall as a hobby. That said, if you notice from the original post, I was wanting a solution so that I could feel confidant in purchasing this software for myself. Even though I did not appreciate what you or the other guy were implying, the fix from DA site does indeed work. It seems that some certain setups need to load the default Cessna 172 and make sure they switch the GPS switch over to NAV save as default flight then load your Cheyenne. So even with what was said, I'll be a bigger person and would still like to thank you anyway for your assitance BERT. Now that I know that this plane is flying well the credit card is ready to go. Oh and for what its worth my friend also thanks you......

Guest Emcott

The fix is done, read my other post if your having any of these issues. Thanks for all the replies...