Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macs

PMDG's 737 NG Series, Make Way, Realism Is Back In Town...

I must say that everything I have seen about this remarkable aircraft looks to win the hearts of most of the 737NG fans (not to mention others who desire such attention to detail) that have been waiting for that special one that surpasses all previous attempts with it's realism and quality. It's looking like christmas in May! http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/5266.jpg[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi RandyGreat shot of the 737 and I agree with you - from the info and screenshots so far, it looks like this version, together with their FULL working panel, may well put other 737NG/BBJ versions to task... The livery in your post (easyJet) - do you know whether or not it'll be part of the release package?Toni.

I agree Randy...this will be the short-medium haul of choice for all my flying although every now and then the PSS Airbus will still come out of the hangar. I expect to be using the Southwest -700 and the Delta -800.Toni- From what I have read, if it is not part of the release package, it will be available as a free d/l.

Eric 

Toni, Yes, the EasyJet is one of the liveries that will be available when the PMDG 737TNG package is released.Pete SterlingPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

I have yet to see some pics of the Virtual Cockpit...... I can't say anything untile I see some pics of the VC and the Virtual Cabine your promiseing... It's kind of odd that you guys are so far into development and have not released pics of these two most important features..

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest wkzzo

Well ,the virtual cockpit is incidental to me, its ok flying around in a cessna sightseeing with a VC, but in a modern jetliner, I dont care for them .Unless its as sharp and clear as a 2d bitmap and I can actually click on every control ,Its eye candy only .I guess I prefer a non VC version. But then again I dont like virtual cabins and anything else that adds complexity without functionality and takes up system resources, I would rather see the time and resourses going into as many realistic sytems as possible. (PIC767).

I agree with Wallace also. If you like VCs and view of the toilets that's fine. For me it's just a waste of disk space. PIC767 still remains one of my all time favourites.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I agree with you guys as well but let's remember FS2004 is around the corner. I'd also like to make a point in saying if VC's are being promoted by a company wouldn't it make since to see some development pics. PMDG put the info out there so my point is put your money where your mouth is, show us the goods. For those of you that don't care about this feature is fine but there are some of us that see the future in this and won't buy a product unless all these options are present. I personally would like to enjoy this product well into FS2008 and 2D panels will become a thing of the past, like it or not. I'll say this again to be clear, PMDG should not have mentioned VC's if they weren't intending on showing or producing one of good quality. You guys had an argument before when VC's looked like crap but now days there is no excuse for crap. Looking at panels like CaptainSim's 727, I hope PMDG takes notes because many aren

FS2020 

Guest Macs

Hold on a second, You're actually flaming the company just for not showing Previews of a VC that WILL be in the final Product? LOLHow the hell can you assume that just because they havent showed preview pics that it'not gonna be "one of good quality". Get off your high horse,if you aint got something valid and accurate to post just dont post. "I know things take work and I'm not trying to be hard on PMDG"Yes,things take work, a quality VC will take more work,thus a good reason not to show it until its of good enough quality to stop people like you B*tching and Moaning. If you had care to visit the site,look at the pics and then actaully say to yourself-"Ok,the panel looks top notch,the model IS top notch...this leads me to a valid conclusion that the VC will PROBABLY be top notch".I'm sorry for my rude,blunt and abrupt tone,but to be honest-posts like the above just really get at me.RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

First of all I'm not Flaming PMDG.... This whole thread started off with statements like this,"I must say that everything I have seen about this remarkable aircraft looks to win the hearts of most of the 737NG fans (not to mention others who desire such attention to detail) that have been waiting for that special one that surpasses all previous attempts with it's realism and quality."and " from the info and screenshots so far, it looks like this version, together with their FULL working panel, may well put other 737NG/BBJ versions to task".From what everyone has seen and read about this title was the whole point. I have read but not seen anything concerning the VC. This was just my observation. Then someone had to post a remark that the VC doesn't matter, I had to reply to his comment because the VC does matter to me (just because something isn't important to some people doesn't mean it doesn't deserve discussion by others, we all have different taste). How am I flaming PMDG???VC's will be an important feature in the near future all around and that is my only point. My comments were not ment to flame anyone and/or organization.....P.S. Maybe I did sound a little harsh which was more directed at Wallace's remarks versus PMDG. I realized that after re-reading my own post. I just hope PMDG shows us some more pics of all the new features, if they don't Ooh well, we'll all just have to waite and see the final product when it's released...

FS2020 

To: "John"Flaming? LOLIf anything it sounds to me like you're going out of YOUR way to start something and make things go way out of hand in here. I don't agree with what the man is saying, but again I don't think the attitude your taking is quite right either. Geez, just seems like every time a topic is covered it needs to be cut up, glued, and cut up until you can't tell what the hell it is anymore by the time a thread is finally locked because of situations just like THIS.Of course there are probably others ready to jump on the pile and "flame" ME now- but that's fine.Tom

Guest wkzzo

I was only stating my opinion no one else's, My main focus is more toward a procedural sim, not a visual show. When fs2004 rolls around and VC's become interactive, my view may change ,but until then my opinion is unchanged. There are plenty of great visual models that can be downloaded for free if thats what your interested in, but its all about the panel and systems integration that does it for me, to each his own. If not having a VC would keep people from buying this ,they are probably buying it for all the wrong reasons.

Guest Macs

I dont agree nor do I debate on the importance of a VC,each to his own. I was responding to the fact that just because screenshots havent been posted of the VC-it surely wont be one of Quality. Granted my attitude leads a lot to be desired in my hungover state but I'm sorry-I hate people who automatically jump to negative conclusions over something like this.RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg