Sign in to follow this  
SlowFlyer

Looking for a great twin-engine plane

Hi,Since I am only running FSX, I am hoping to get some good suggestions for a replacement twin-engine plane (I would prefer a twin over a single engine). I am hoping for a plane as detailed as the Aeroworx's King Air is for FS9. I am looking at the DA Cheyenne and the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche (I have also looked at the Realair Duke and the upcoming Duchess, but both planes don't have any real detailed info on them yet, and I doubt those planes will be out for a while.So, out of the first two planes listed or any other planes, does anyone have an opinion on which one has a "better" VC, and "better" system modeled, this includes such things as seatbelt, no smoking sign sounds, good "out the windshield" view when landing, engine management, engine damage, etc.I really miss the Aeroworx's King Air. I have checked out Flight 1's Mustang- which looks great, but I'm not sure if I will enjoy all the modern aviation instruments, and I love props. But it is on my radar. Thanks in advance

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Hi,Since I am only running FSX, I am hoping to get some good suggestions for a replacement twin-engine plane (I would prefer a twin over a single engine). I am hoping for a plane as detailed as the Aeroworx's King Air is for FS9. I am looking at the DA Cheyenne and the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche (I have also looked at the Realair Duke and the upcoming Duchess, but both planes don't have any real detailed info on them yet, and I doubt those planes will be out for a while.So, out of the first two planes listed or any other planes, does anyone have an opinion on which one has a "better" VC, and "better" system modeled, this includes such things as seatbelt, no smoking sign sounds, good "out the windshield" view when landing, engine management, engine damage, etc.I really miss the Aeroworx's King Air. I have checked out Flight 1's Mustang- which looks great, but I'm not sure if I will enjoy all the modern aviation instruments, and I love props. But it is on my radar. Thanks in advance
I would buy the Cheyenne. I would be lost without itIt is my fav, nice virtual cockpit

You will be very pleased with the Cheyenne. Everything from flight dynamics to graphics, sound, the whole works; well put together! One aspect that is nice on this model is that when you adjust props, you will also hear corresponding change in noise. You will also enjoy the interior detail. Today I just experimented with different views. After shutting down engines I went to spot view from directly in front of the airplane to look at animation. I was impressed by the smooth transition of prop pitch. I cannot say enough about the animation. It is great stuff.You can fly Aeroworx King Air in FSX. There are some small quirks though that I can share with you later. It is the same as the Cheyenne and cannot quite compare.Keith

Keith Guillory

You will be very pleased with the Cheyenne. Everything from flight dynamics to graphics, sound, the whole works; well put together! One aspect that is nice on this model is that when you adjust props, you will also hear corresponding change in noise. You will also enjoy the interior detail. Today I just experimented with different views. After shutting down engines I went to spot view from directly in front of the airplane to look at animation. I was impressed by the smooth transition of prop pitch. I cannot say enough about the animation. It is great stuff.You can fly Aeroworx King Air in FSX. There are some small quirks though that I can share with you later. It is the same as the Cheyenne and cannot quite compare.Keith
I meant to say the DA Cheyenne has little to no competition from any other turboprop that I own. Aerow0rx King Air is NOT the same quality.

Keith Guillory

I meant to say the DA Cheyenne has little to no competition from any other turboprop that I own. Aerow0rx King Air is NOT the same quality.
I understand from reading Aerosoft forum topics that the mouse cannot be used to adjust instruments and move switches in the Cheyenne virtual cockpit, and that this functional-ability (found in Microsoft default aircraft) is only available on the 2D panel. Is this true?

Art

I understand from reading Aerosoft forum topics that the mouse cannot be used to adjust instruments and move switches in the Cheyenne virtual cockpit, and that this functional-ability (found in Microsoft default aircraft) is only available on the 2D panel. Is this true?
Nope... I never leave the VC.

Bert

Thanks for all the information.Thanks for the offer of help to port the King air over to FSX, Keith. I have seen a few post here and at the Aerowork's website on porting it over to FSX, but I am not very good with editing cfg's and all that so I decided that I will purchase the the DA Cheyenne instead :-) Thanks everyone.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Thanks for all the information.Thanks for the offer of help to port the King air over to FSX, Keith. I have seen a few post here and at the Aerowork's website on porting it over to FSX, but I am not very good with editing cfg's and all that so I decided that I will purchase the the DA Cheyenne instead :-) Thanks everyone.
SlowFlyer,You will appreciate the rich textures in the cockpit of the Cheyenne. I too enjoy VC flying. It has improved my pattern work to stay VC. I initially had some problems getting the mouse to respond on switches but then I realized switches such as the Starter/Generator switch responds to both left and right buttons on the mouse; On/Off, increment/decrement, etc. I'll leave the rest of the detail alone. It's worth the price. Good luck! Keith

Keith Guillory