Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Callsigns of Secretary Of State H. Clinton

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Was just curious if the Sec. State, had a special call sign like Air force 1-2 etc.... Anyone know?

Was just curious if the Sec. State, had a special call sign like Air force 1-2 etc.... Anyone know?
Mike Oscar November India Charlie Alpha?Sorry-a little late and crazy where I am.....an attempt at humor....

I don't think there's a special callsign for the Secretary of State; near as I know, the only special callsigns are attached to the President and Vice President.

Yup, Air Force One is the pres, Two is the vice pres (Marine One and Two for the choppers or any other Marine aircraft acting in that role) and that's it. However, there have been cases where the pres has flown under other callsigns when Air Force One has acted as a decoy, and occasions where the pres has flown on commercial airliners acting in the same role as Air Force One. And on those occasions I believe the callsign Executive One was used. So it seems likely that if any other members of the gov were assigned a callsign, it would be likely to be something like Executive Two, or Three or something of that nature. But I think, no doubt much to Hilary's dismay, it's not one of the perks of the job to get a special callsign, although she might get some restricted airspace for a flight or something along those lines.I do like the idea of it being Monica One though!Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Many years ago, I do remember First Lady Hillary Clinton departing LaGuardia as EXECUTIVE 1 in one of the 89th AW's Gulfstreams while campaigning for Al Gore. I would guess that the Executive callsign may be used as well for flights with other high level members of government. But Executive 1 is definitely reserved for the first lady. Otherwise when the 89th AW is on mission, they go by SAM XXXXX with the numbers being the actual tail number. When on training flights, you can often catch the 89th AW using the callsign VENUS XX. So if you live around the NE and catch one of the VC-25s doing touch and goes, you would most likely hear them referred to with the VENUS callsign. National Geographic had a recent documentary on Air Force One and had a story of how the VC-25 was used in the role of Air Force One carrying the President to Iraq but disguised itself by using the SAM XXXXX callsign of one of the wing's Gulfstreams.

But Executive 1 is definitely reserved for the first lady.
No, actually, Executive One is for any civilian aircraft carryign the president.EDIT: Just found out an airplane carrying the President's family, but not the President, has "Foxtrot" appended to the callsign (i.e. "Air Force One Foxtrot").

No, actually, Executive One is for any civilian aircraft carryign the president.EDIT: Just found out an airplane carrying the President's family, but not the President, has "Foxtrot" appended to the callsign (i.e. "Air Force One Foxtrot").
What is your source for that? Because at LaGuardia that day, the ground controller made me give way and follow an 89th AW Gulfstream going by the callsign Executive One. And Hillary had been all over the news making an appearance in New York that day.BTW, you cannot have a plane carrying just the president's family go by "Air Force One Foxtrot" since "Air Force One" signals the president is on board.Edit: Now that you mention it, that Gulfstream may have been "Executive One Foxtrot". That does sounds familiar.

I'm thinking it is something close to Little Rock AR airport identifier :(

Mike Oscar November India Charlie Alpha?Sorry-a little late and crazy where I am.....an attempt at humor....
Where are the Mods in this forum??????... :( :( :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

What is your source for that? Because at LaGuardia that day, the ground controller made me give way and follow an 89th AW Gulfstream going by the callsign Executive One. And Hillary had been all over the news making an appearance in New York that day.BTW, you cannot have a plane carrying just the president's family go by "Air Force One Foxtrot" since "Air Force One" signals the president is on board.Edit: Now that you mention it, that Gulfstream may have been "Executive One Foxtrot". That does sounds familiar.
Here's my source: FAA Order JO 7110.65SIt's towards the bottom, paragraph 2-4-20. AIRCRAFT IDENTIFICATION. You can do a Ctrl+F for "Executive One" and the other callsigns are near it.

Where are the Mods in this forum??????... :( :( :(
Holding out my hand to be virtually slapped.... B)

Hahaha. After a couple of cups of coffee that finally clicked. :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

"Runner-up one one, Turn to vector 230 and intercept 24 Left"