Sign in to follow this  
BobP

MD11 banks left - right constantly..

Hi!Sorry to bring up quite an old topic but I have just got the PMDG 747-400 for FSX and am currently flying from LHR to JFK and am experiencing the same issue as you are describing. I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC, but am flying with the weather set to 'Clear Skies' and wind velocity is 0. The aircraft is gently banking a few degrees right then a few degrees left every couple of minutes. Like you, I've only noticed it whilst flying over the Atlantic (ie with no close navaids). It's like it's continually trying to track the route.It's certainly not as bad as the problems I was having with 757 Captain (where the AP frantically shook the aircraft left and right violently), but if you were a passenger on this aircraft you'd be reaching for the barf bag after a while!Thanks,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

You need FSUIPC to fix a broken FSX. FSUIPC is THE most important and most useful add-on/utility you will EVER buy for FSX period. $25 is an absolute steal in my opinion.
You don't need FSUIPC to run the MD11. I'm running with ASA with no problems as are many others. There is something else wrong in the sim I agree, but to suggest that he needs FSUIPC to me, is not the solution, just a band-aid to some other problem.

A question for those of you with the banking left and right issues. Are you importing your flightplan into the FMC or are you actually typing all the waypoints individually into the FMC?I used to import flightplans from FSBuild into the FMC directly and had the banking issue but when I type each individual point into the FMC I do not have the banking issue. Another way to test is when it starts banking go direct to the next waypoint and you'll see the banking stops occuring until the next waypoint and then it restarts again. I think it has something to do with using a comany route or importing the flight plan.I've just started typing all my flightplans in by hand now. Seems much better now it has nothing to do with the weather system or else it would occur everywhere, its only over areas with no navaids.Sean

Sean Green

A question for those of you with the banking left and right issues. Are you importing your flightplan into the FMC or are you actually typing all the waypoints individually into the FMC?I used to import flightplans from FSBuild into the FMC directly and had the banking issue but when I type each individual point into the FMC I do not have the banking issue. Another way to test is when it starts banking go direct to the next waypoint and you'll see the banking stops occuring until the next waypoint and then it restarts again. I think it has something to do with using a comany route or importing the flight plan.I've just started typing all my flightplans in by hand now. Seems much better now it has nothing to do with the weather system or else it would occur everywhere, its only over areas with no navaids.Sean
I'm creating all my flight plans with FSC and have never had any of these probems. Sorry I know you are trying to help but, if we had to type in our flight plans everytime we flew, I don't think anyone would be flying.I had this problem once with the Level-D aircraft and discovered that it was a conflict believe it or not with FSUIPC (which again you don't need to run this aircraft). I'm not putting down FSUIPC, I'm just trying to point out that you don't need it to fly.I would be inclined to try and reinstall the plane , but after uninstalling, make sure you go in and delete all the files left.

I put all the waypoints into the FMC manually and got the problem.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I'm creating all my flight plans with FSC and have never had any of these probems. Sorry I know you are trying to help but, if we had to type in our flight plans everytime we flew, I don't think anyone would be flying.
I always type in my flightplans, it's just a few lines with airways, maybe just one or to between the sid endpoint and the star startpoint, whats the problem with that?

I always type in my flightplans, it's just a few lines with airways, maybe just one or to between the sid endpoint and the star startpoint, whats the problem with that?
Oh it's no problem, I'd just rather be flying than looking up way points, but whatever turns your propeller :(

I see your point, but you only have to add the airways, not the waypoints. That was my point :)

I'm a rookie MD11 pilot (just downloaded) and assume I have set something up incorrectly. The plane banks left, then right, then left along the flight plan. It is waaay more than normal for any aircraft I have flown. I was using ASA and tried it with FSX default weather. Same thing but not as pronounced. I used the load manager to setup the planes weights and balance. I then followed the tutorial for my first few flights. Two flights a row and I need a Dramamine. :) Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.Bob..
Bob, have you tried re-installing the plane?