Sign in to follow this  
Guest Air5877

Saitek Cyborg Evo Force Joystick

Guest Air5877

I have had a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force Joystick for about 9 months and it has never worked correctly. I have FS2004 and use Windows XP Professional Edition. When I load FS9 having chosen any particular aircraft, as soon as I apply throttle the aircraft will veer to the right and its extremely difficult to get it back on track. I have noticed when looking at the properties the throttle section on the screen box shows a red bar which suggests that the rudder is already being twisted to the right (not all the way but enough to cause the aircraft to veer). Nothing I do will alter it - including adjusting the null zones. Any ideas? :(

Have you tried unplugging it and replugging it? If that doesn't work try the Saitek recalibration fix, or recalibrate through FS9

Joe Sherrill

Guest Air5877
Have you tried unplugging it and replugging it? If that doesn't work try the Saitek recalibration fix, or recalibrate through FS9
Indeed I have done that but without success

Guest intogamer

happens to me, before you do anything just move your joystick around on all axis' and it'll self correct itself

Guest Air5877
happens to me, before you do anything just move your joystick around on all axis' and it'll self correct itself
Thank you. I will try that next time I fire up FS9. I`ll confirm one way or the other

Guest Air5877
Thank you. I will try that next time I fire up FS9. I`ll confirm one way or the other
I fired up FS9 and tried a Super Tucano out of Haifa. Everything was as it should be after trying your remedy. I then tried an HS748 out of London City and again the performance was fine. This may have cracked my problem but I`m going to monitor it closely. Thanks for the help

Guest Air5877
I fired up FS9 and tried a Super Tucano out of Haifa. Everything was as it should be after trying your remedy. I then tried an HS748 out of London City and again the performance was fine. This may have cracked my problem but I`m going to monitor it closely. Thanks for the help
I have fired up FS9 on a new day and tried flying without moving the joystick on its axis first. The result was a dramatic veer to the right. I exited and then rebooted FS9 and used your remedy. It worked! I think this will do nicely. Thanks again

It actually says in the instructions that when you first apply power to the joystick you have to cycle all axes through their full extent of movement as this calibrates the stick. If you remove the power you have to do this again the next time you plug it in.

Cheers, Andy.