Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joaquim

How to use Com2 with ASA?

Guest Joaquim

Hi,I used to run ASV6 in a networked computer and tunning either Com1 or Com2 in my Cockpit radio Pedestal used to allow me to listen to Departure and/or Arrival Wx Voice announcements.With the new ASA this don't seem to be possible since I can only have those annoucements when tuning Comm1 with 122.00 or 122.02. Nothing happens when using Com2.Are there some special settings to be made?Thanks for your help.Joaquim

Hi,Does Voice work with your COMM1 tuned correctly?Thanks!

Guest Joaquim

Hi,Yes inded, Voice works with COMM1 tuned correctly, but does not with Com2.Both com1 and Com2 work perfectly with ASV6. The problem only persists with ASA.I'm using FS9.Thanks for your assistanceRegardsJoaquim

Hi,With ASA you might need to use only Com 1. I couldn't find out anything that points to being able to use Com 2 or not.Thanks,

Guest Joaquim
Hi,With ASA you might need to use only Com 1. I couldn't find out anything that points to being able to use Com 2 or not.Thanks,
Hi,I don't think that we can only use Com1 with ASA.Please refer to page 11 of the documentation where you can read:"Voice Feature: To use the voice feature tune to 122.00 on any radio in FSX or FS9 (must be activated and audio panel selected for that radio) and receive a voice message for the closest weather station. Tuning to 122.02 when a flight plan is specified plays back a destination weather report. You can view the text instructions for creating new voice sets in your ASA\Voice folder (voice-information.txt)."But ... what must be activated?ThanksJoaquim

Hi,I had read that same quote from the manual!!Is your Comm 2 sound activated on the communications panel? Sometimes just Comm 1 is active. You should click on the BTH button on the bottom of the panel.Another test: Tune airport ATIS on Comm 2 in FS and see if it plays. This will let us know if Comm 2 is on or not.Thanks,

Guest Joaquim
Hi,I had read that same quote from the manual!!Is your Comm 2 sound activated on the communications panel? Sometimes just Comm 1 is active. You should click on the BTH button on the bottom of the panel.Another test: Tune airport ATIS on Comm 2 in FS and see if it plays. This will let us know if Comm 2 is on or not.Thanks,
Hi,I 've just used ASV6 and both Com1 and Com2 worked, so it's certain that Both are set at the communications panel, but with exactly the same situation within FS9, when I try ASA ony Com1 works.Strange!Thanks and RegardsJoaquim

Hi,Can you get FS ATIS to play through Comm 2?Thanks,