Sign in to follow this  
strider

747 (FS9) install problem.

Hi all. I've just installed the 747-400/400F for FS9. I have noticed a few inconsistencies with some items.1. START/ALL PROGRAMS/PMDG Simulations does not contain anything 747 or 737...only my MD-11 (I have every FS9 PMDG aircraft. They were installed in this order...737's, MD-11, 747-400, 747-400F).2. The pull down PMDG menu does not seem to jibe with the 747 tutorial...there is no selection for external power/air...so no check box to select the availability? At this point I stopped trying and decided to ask here before continuing a 747 flight. There may be other issues. Thanks! Victor Buck

Or, barring any way to fix this...what are the registry entries I should look for to completely remove anything PMDG and what would be the proper order to reinstall, from scratch, the PMDG 737 600/700, 737-800/900, 747-400/400F and MD-11 to try and correct this problem? I don't mention the B1900C/D as they are "express" and I don't believe they matter? Victor Buck

Or, barring any way to fix this...what are the registry entries I should look for to completely remove anything PMDG and what would be the proper order to reinstall, from scratch, the PMDG 737 600/700, 737-800/900, 747-400/400F and MD-11 to try and correct this problem? I don't mention the B1900C/D as they are "express" and I don't believe they matter? Victor Buck
Installation order is relevant for the 737/747 installs, and you have the correct order above. The MD11 order should be irrelevant.There is a registry repair tool at Flight1 (free and safe) but I don't think yet that this is a problem. Sounds like you had successful installs but somthing wasn't right with the ms start menu? Gee, I've never used pmdg from the start menu. I start msfs then create or load a flight with the pmdg. On second thought, the load managers do indeed start from the start menu and maybe you are referring to those. Anyway, the only thing I have offered in the way of help is confirmation of the installation order for you. Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, thanks. I received a support e-mail reply detailing the process and order for a complete, clean reinstall of all the aircraft. Victor Buck

Dan, a little elaboration. The manuals are also easily accessed from the Start/PMDG Simulations shortcut. It's not so much that they weren't there...as what this MIGHT indicate about my installs? Add to that the PMDG in game drop down menu, while in the 747, not coensiding with the type course documentation (no "external power/air" checkbox anywhere, as a start) and I was pretty sure things had gotten whacked, somehow. I also wanted to mention that your install order agrees perfectly with the one I received from support email. My quick reply, above, may have led some to believe it was different...not so. Thanks again, Dan. Victor Buck

Well...no joy. I've gotten as far as installing the 747/747F and tried the 747. Nothing regarding the 747 shows up in my "Start/PMDG Simulations". I loaded the 747 anyway, in FS9 and still no "external power/air" checkbox and many choices that do show up are greyed out (LCD or CRT tic boxes, as an example). I have not installed the MD-11 yet. If I do a search for "PMDG", in the registry, will that find everything or are there other places in the registry to look? Because this still isn't working as advertised and I'm wondering about cleaning anything PMDG related from the registry. Victor Buck

Interesting...after some more searching with various phrases, I've finally come across a post describing the menu change regarding "external power/air". Apparently that no longer exists? One posts says the external air/power is automatic (PB set and 3 engines off) and one says you have to check the EDG box...any idea which is right? So...now I'm left to wonder what, really, is the problem with my 747 intall(s), if any. Other than not having any 747 shortcuts (manuals/configurators) show up in "Start/PMDG Simulations"? I'm unsure now HOW to determine if there is a problem with the PMDG menu in the 747. Should the "LCD/CRT" checkboxes be available (mine are greyed out)? Should every option be available or are some for other aircraft only (737 or MD-11)? I assumed (always a bad thing) that the manuals and type course documents included with the 747 1.2 would have been the latest and greatest but...looking at the ones for download...I don't think they are. I'll know more after I get home and compare the two but, the one that came with the 747 says that #2 external power or #2 APU must be "AVAIL" (not ON, it's very adamant about that) to power the cargo deck bus. The one I just downloaded from the website says they must be "AVAIL" or "ON"? I have no idea what the truth is now. Victor Buck