Sign in to follow this  
Guest klm299

FMC 2000nm route shown as 8824nm?

Guest klm299

When I enter the route SOMAX 50N20 51N30 51N40 51N50 DENDU CYMON into the DMDG 739 FMC the route is all over the place and the legs added together are 8800nm!!! Anyone have any idea why it is acting funny...

When I enter the route SOMAX 50N20 51N30 51N40 51N50 DENDU CYMON into the DMDG 739 FMC the route is all over the place and the legs added together are 8800nm!!! Anyone have any idea why it is acting funny...
You probably have a waypoint in there thats far away.

Guest klm299
You probably have a waypoint in there thats far away.
No, no extra or incorrect waypoints! inputted as above and clarified by inputting into x737 FMC which routes at 2194nm.....

Review the flight plath using the PLN view on the ND. You will see that 50N20 51N30 ect are the problem. These should be 5020N 5130N etc. The location of your N is creating waypoints at 51N 120W not 51N 20W as desired.... see WP Entry Notes: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FMC_WP_Entry_Notes

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fencer88
Review the flight plath using the PLN view on the ND. You will see that 50N20 51N30 ect are the problem. These should be 5020N 5130N etc. The location of your N is creating waypoints at 51N 120W not 51N 20W as desired.... see WP Entry Notes: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FMC_WP_Entry_Notes
It wasn't my question but since the person who asked was unfortunately unable to thank you for taking the time to answer (maybe travelling or sick or away from the computer...,) I'd like to do it in his place. Thanks Dan, and Steven and to all those who share their knowledge on this forum.Bruno