Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

windowed mode in fsx and undockablity

Ok "undockablity" may not officially be a word, but thats how i like to use fs9 and fsx.I use three monitors and usually fly in windowed mode so that i can enable lots of third part addons with associated windows etc. Can i do this with full screen mode in fsx or would everyone suggest i run as many of the addons as possible on a second computer connected across a megabit lan using WideFS and just keep fsx running in fullscreen on the main box.OR>>>>if the a fix out there that will let fullscreen run undocked windows so i can enable and see the application concurrrentythanks and your thoughts?peter

if the a fix out there that will let fullscreen run undocked windows so i can enable and see the application concurrrentypeter
Hello Peter, sorry but I don't think so - you won't be able to see the app windows while in full screen mode and that changed from FS9. You might want to consider using a kvm as you could use full screen mode on two of the monitors, while still being able to acces your apps on the third via the KVM? Just a thought.

Regards, Kendall

Hello Peter, sorry but I don't think so - you won't be able to see the app windows while in full screen mode and that changed from FS9. You might want to consider using a kvm as you could use full screen mode on two of the monitors, while still being able to acces your apps on the third via the KVM? Just a thought.
Thanks well after lots of fiddling around i agree with you. I did not think of a kvm but that is a good idea.Thanks..Pete

One other thing I want to be able to do in full screen mode is undock a gauge.So for instance if im using an aircraft and want to undock the radio window ( OR ANY OTHER GAUGE) while looking our the cockpit 2d or 3d window, i want to be able to see it at the same time.Im not at my fs computer but ill experiment later and get back to the forumthanksPete

One other thing I want to be able to do in full screen mode is undock a gauge.So for instance if im using an aircraft and want to undock the radio window ( OR ANY OTHER GAUGE) while looking our the cockpit 2d or 3d window, i want to be able to see it at the same time.thanksPete
Hi Pete, Yes you can definately move MOST gauges to another screen while in full screen mode. I personally run the virtual cockpit on one monitor while another holds various gauges like TCAS, GPS, FMC, ATC etc. I will offer that things changed in FSX in that window size and positions won't be remembered after ending a flight, so I'll highly recommend a very handy utility called "Panel Restore" which is invaluable to multi-mon users and I extend my thanks to the author. The library seems to be down at the moment, but if you do a search you should find it. Otherwise someone will point you in the right direction. Happy skies and hope this helps.Edit: found a link to the original panel restore topic with a download link if you need it: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...l+restore\ Nice rig in your sig, btw. :(

Regards, Kendall