Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Lifting bodies for FS2002?

Right on!Well, how about that? I didn't find it in my searching... ah well... thanks!Andrew>The only link I found was on a web search--an old FS2000>model. Sadly, the link is at FSPlanet, but I suspect you may>be able to find it at Simviation or Flightsim.com as well.... >Here's the link I found:>>http://www.fsplanet.com/03032001.htm

>Just wondering if anyone knows of lifting body models>compatible with 2002 - >>Specifically, stuff like an HL-10 or M2-F2, which are the ones>seen in the opening sequence of the Six Million Dollar Man.>>Thanks,>AndrewI am contemplating starting a project on those kind of crafts, but it is very hard to determine if there is a market for these kinds of projects. So I welcome any discussion on this topic.Mathijs KokLAGO

Hi!I would be more than interested in an M2F2 FS2002 model.Plus, any of the X-series aircraft in FS2002!!!!!!!!!! (X-15 especially).If you need a 3 view - I have created one, using Paint - but using my technical drawing skills from a side shot of an M2F2.The specs for the M2F2/3 are as follows...Accommodations: One Passengers: N/A First Flight: 2 June 1970 (M2-F3) Dimensions Width: 9 feet 7 inches Length: 22 feet 2 inches Height: 8 feet 10 inches Planform Area: 160 square feet Weights Launch Weight: 9,400-lbs. Minumum Landing Weight: 4,700-lbs. Powerplants No. Engines: One Engine Manufacturer: Thiokol Engine Designation: XLR11 rocket engine Engine Power: 8,000-lbs thrust Performance Maximum Speed: Mach 1.7 Service Ceiling: 90,000-feet Range: N/A-miles Armament Fixed Armament: None I don't know if you have this info.I have attached the 3 view.Regards, Terryhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6137.jpg

Hello Mathijs, and thanks for your interest.Well, I suppose you could conduct a formal or informal poll to determine interest - As I see it, a commercial package would include a good cross-section of the more famous ones including the HL-x and M2-Fx series; also, I suppose, there are a lot of other shuttle-type research vehicles (including the Space Shuttles, of course) which would make exiting freefall craft.Beyond those, X-15s and Yeager's sound-breaking craft... ah, the name escapes me... would be a nice addition.I suppose, too, that a B-52 would be part of the fleet; perhaps, too, one should look to NASA resources to determine a range of vehicles.Last, it may be interesting to develop Edwards to develop the large landing strips used then and now for these vehicles.I'm looking forward to following this project!Cheers,Andrew>>Just wondering if anyone knows of lifting body models>>compatible with 2002 - >>>>Specifically, stuff like an HL-10 or M2-F2, which are the>ones>>seen in the opening sequence of the Six Million Dollar Man.>>>>Thanks,>>Andrew>>I am contemplating starting a project on those kind of crafts,>but it is very hard to determine if there is a market for>these kinds of projects. So I welcome any discussion on this>topic.>>Mathijs Kok>LAGO>>

LOL!!!!!Ok, I'm sorry, I just had to laugh. Ejection seat notwithstanding, those are simply some of the goofiest pictures I've ever seen.Dig the socks and shoes! Yeah! Say-ftee....Looks more like some bizarre parade float.By the way - http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/index.htmlcheers,Andrew>Hi...>>I also have obtained picture of the ejection seat used om the>M2F2.>>Two pictures - one from the left, one from the right.>>Terry>>http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6311.jpg>http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6312.jpg>

Is there any update on the development of these Lifting Bodies?Any info would be appreciated.Thanks in advance... Terry

Hi Terry - Not from me, just yet. Had finals last week... they're over.I'm not sure where to start - I suppose I could learn gMax (I'm pretty good with 3d modeling programs) Perhaps a good place to start would be a "definitive list" of aircraft, facilities, and so forth?Andrew>Is there any update on the development of these Lifting>Bodies?>>Any info would be appreciated.>>Thanks in advance... Terry