Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Always something new to find!

Yay or Nay?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to pay a small fee to use FSIMP in Fly! II?

• Yay
    • Nay
  2. 2. Would you write Padraic asking for a new Fly! II version of FSIMP?

• Yay
    • Nay

I never cease to be amazed when looking through some of the Fly! II sites still around... :( Was looking at some of the Maps available at the ROTW site for France and "Re-discovered" some interesting things one can do with Fly! II and our maps. Had totally forgotten about the Multi-Map function! Am sure there are some other things those wonderful fellows at ROTW have made mention of - just a matter of rummaging through the web-site and taking a good look (yet again!). :( So for some of you somewhat new to Fly! II (via rummage sale purchases), or those of you finding your way back to this terrific Simulator, give ROTW's site another browse through. They have posted a lot of great stuff - tutorials, scenery, and of course - their planes! Still a great group of Fly! enthusiasts! Now if only I could talk Padraic into making a new FSIMP for Fly! II (been trying, but oh, well), we'd have it made! So Am adding a Poll to this to see how many are around

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

I just can't believe that this sim engine cannot bring thousands the pleasure I experienced with it when it was kicking! Guess that makes 2 of us. Now if there was also a way to adapt TileProxy or equivalent to Fly!...

Hi ,If you remember I have written several conversion programs to convert Objects from .BGL into FLY .BIN format for objects or .SHP Format for streets and lakes and uploaded them to AVSIMIf somebody is interested to continue to develop this programs i am willing to send him the sourcecode. (has to remain freeware)regardsHarald

Guest 3cffts
I never cease to be amazed when looking through some of the Fly! II sites still around... :( Was looking at some of the Maps available at the ROTW site for France and "Re-discovered" some interesting things one can do with Fly! II and our maps. Had totally forgotten about the Multi-Map function! Am sure there are some other things those wonderful fellows at ROTW have made mention of - just a matter of rummaging through the web-site and taking a good look (yet again!). :( So for some of you somewhat new to Fly! II (via rummage sale purchases), or those of you finding your way back to this terrific Simulator, give ROTW's site another browse through. They have posted a lot of great stuff - tutorials, scenery, and of course - their planes! Still a great group of Fly! enthusiasts! Now if only I could talk Padraic into making a new FSIMP for Fly! II (been trying, but oh, well), we'd have it made! So Am adding a Poll to this to see how many are around
I never cease to be amazed when looking through some of the Fly! II sites still around... B) Was looking at some of the Maps available at the ROTW site for France and "Re-discovered" some interesting things one can do with Fly! II and our maps. Had totally forgotten about the Multi-Map function! Am sure there are some other things those wonderful fellows at ROTW have made mention of - just a matter of rummaging through the web-site and taking a good look (yet again!). :( So for some of you somewhat new to Fly! II (via rummage sale purchases), or those of you finding your way back to this terrific Simulator, give ROTW's site another browse through. They have posted a lot of great stuff - tutorials, scenery, and of course - their planes! Still a great group of Fly! enthusiasts! Now if only I could talk Padraic into making a new FSIMP for Fly! II (been trying, but oh, well), we'd have it made! So Am adding a Poll to this to see how many are around
I would like to echo Ken's comment about the many add-on programs on the ROTW site. I have just discovered the TCAS/Glass Panel moving map display and have added it to my latest version of the Hawker panel. I works great!Brian

Hi ,If you remember I have written several conversion programs to convert Objects from .BGL into FLY .BIN format for objects or .SHP Format for streets and lakes and uploaded them to AVSIMIf somebody is interested to continue to develop this programs i am willing to send him the sourcecode. (has to remain freeware)regardsHarald
Hi Harald, Yes, and a great set of tools those are, too! I have used them to convert some landmark files and though a little "labour intensive", it actually is quite fun and satisfying to see the end results in Fly! II. I have yet to try this, but do the tools work on GMAX models or (like FSIMP for Fly! II) only with the older VOD / SCASM macro stuff? Hate just asking instead of trying it out, but have a bit of intense "life happenings" going on at the moment and just never had time to really check it all out. Will have to go over your instructions again - know I have all the conversion programs mentioned - and give a big THANK YOU!! for the contributions you have made to the Simulator as well!Best regards!!!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken,BGL2BIN does not work with the old SCASM stuff like FSIMP but only with GMAX and models made with the latest SCASM extensions.Sorry, animation is not supported.My main reason to write this tool was to convert standard FS2004-Objects for my personal use.regardsHarald