Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexzar14

Fuel Temp Lo

Guest alexzar14

half our into the flight at cruise alt the two outboard engines shut down and message "Fuel Temp Lo" appears on eicas. Restart is possible only afted decent to lower alt, then afterwords the problem doesn't repeat itself.It happened twice (I flew MD-11 2 times). I looked thru tutorial carefully but found no reference to this...what is it there I must activate?other problem: autobrake doesn't work, it disarms itself at touch down, and I break manually (I have rudder pedals)

half our into the flight at cruise alt the two outboard engines shut down and message "Fuel Temp Lo" appears on eicas. Restart is possible only afted decent to lower alt, then afterwords the problem doesn't repeat itself.It happened twice (I flew MD-11 2 times). I looked thru tutorial carefully but found no reference to this...what is it there I must activate?other problem: autobrake doesn't work, it disarms itself at touch down, and I break manually (I have rudder pedals)
Hi Alex (?)Remember to sign your posts mate.Are you using any kind of real weather program? Possibly it's giving some really cold temps for your cruise altitude.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest alexzar14
Hi Alex (?)Remember to sign your posts mate.Are you using any kind of real weather program? Possibly it's giving some really cold temps for your cruise altitude.Cheers!
yes, sorry (Alex I am :) )I was indeed using ActiveSky. Will try FS weather next time...so there is nothing like "fuel heat" option? I guess not, otherwise your would've told me about it.How about the autobreak problem?Alex

so there is nothing like "fuel heat" option? I guess not, otherwise your would've told me about it.
Search this forum for "fuel freeze", etc. This topic has been covered extensively including what different remedies are.

How about the autobreak problem?
Check pedals nullzone, increase it if very low.

yes, sorry (Alex I am :) )I was indeed using ActiveSky. Will try FS weather next time...so there is nothing like "fuel heat" option? I guess not, otherwise your would've told me about it.How about the autobreak problem?Alex
I was flying at FL400. Destination BIKF (Iceland) "Real World Weather' was on and temp at 400FL was -63. I got "Fuel low Temp" warning and both engine were flare out. I manage to restarted at FL100. There is no "Fuel Heat" option in MD-11. Only help,EICAS warning "Decent to warmer altitute".Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

change the fuel freeze temp
How does in realworld MD-11 crew changes the" freeze fuel temp?Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

How does in realworld MD-11 crew changes the" freeze fuel temp?
Read earlier posts on the subject. Jet fuel can come with different fuel freeze temps. so crews must be able to plug this value into their FMC.