Hell Guys !I'm in the market for head track device, did anyone came across compression between HAT Track from VRInsight & Natural Point TrackIR4 Pro ????

I strongly suggest TIR4, as it is the original one, and thus more supported. On the other hand, I've never tried this hat track system, but from what I've seen, it looks like the TIR 4 might also be eaiser to place, as the hat track looks a LOT bigger than the 4 pro, and the 4 pro has these legs on the bottom you can set up to hook onto the top of your lcd monitor (or sit on top of your CRT).oh and, the edit button is your friend...

I strongly suggest TIR4, as it is the original one, and thus more supported. On the other hand, I've never tried this hat track system, but from what I've seen, it looks like the TIR 4 might also be eaiser to place, as the hat track looks a LOT bigger than the 4 pro, and the 4 pro has these legs on the bottom you can set up to hook onto the top of your lcd monitor (or sit on top of your CRT).oh and, the edit button is your friend...
You might want to look at this.http://www.free-track.net/english/

Guest Tomahawk
Freetrack is nice as entry level, but the problem is that the resolution of the camera normally isn't good enough to compete with something like TIR4, so the Freetrack will get really jumpy and rough handling compared to TIR
You would be hard pressed to find a webcam that can't exceed TIR's 350x288! For Freetrack I use a wiimote which has a tiny resolution, much smaller than TIR, can't remember what it is, but it still runs really smooth and is super responsive. On a side note I don't like the direction NaturalPoint is going with all their interface scrambling shenanigans.

You would be hard pressed to find a webcam that can't exceed TIR's 350x288! For Freetrack I use a wiimote which has a tiny resolution, much smaller than TIR, can't remember what it is, but it still runs really smooth and is super responsive. On a side note I don't like the direction NaturalPoint is going with all their interface scrambling shenanigans.

I thought of getting me a head tracking device, and, as the original poster, I'm pretty unsure what others recommend: VRinsight's HAT track or eDimensional's TrackIR 5? The latter may be more "Rolls Royce" but it is twice as expensive as well... Does TrackIR 5 give really that much of an andvantage and is it worth the price compared to HAT track? I'd only need the device for FSX and Windows and nothing else.Andreas

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
I thought of getting me a head tracking device, and, as the original poster, I'm pretty unsure what others recommend: VRinsight's HAT track or eDimensional's TrackIR 5? The latter may be more "Rolls Royce" but it is twice as expensive as well... Does TrackIR 5 give really that much of an andvantage and is it worth the price compared to HAT track? I'd only need the device for FSX and Windows and nothing else.Andreas
It's a NaturalPoint TrackIR

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
Sorry, that was a mistake on my side!Andreas
No issues, just trying to clarify