Sign in to follow this  
Guest b737200

777 Load Configurator

Guest b737200

I recently realised that my 777 load editor is not working, I hadn't used it in a long time and apparently when I did my manual backup I forgot something. I searched through the forums and it seems like I forgot to copy some registry entry. Can someone explain to me exactly what I have to add to the registry, thanks.By the way the error that I get is "License Key Not Found"Thank you for your help.

Guest melf12

Hi b737200,This is how I fixed my LoadEditCfg. note the Disclaimer :)NOTE: These instructions are provided as is. There is no assurance they will work for anyone. In fact, if used improperly they may render your computer inoperable with a requirement to reformat your hard drive and reinstall the operating system and everything else. So, be warned. Generate a new system restore point before editing the Registry. Now the how to: 1. Click Start then run. 2. type regedit in the window and press enter. 3. the registry editor will open and you will see a window similiar to windows explorer. In the left pane is a listing of registry folders. You need to navigate to the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 Do it just like you would in windows explorer - click on the first folder then on each subsequent folder listed above. Warning: Do not click on anything in the right pane yet! 4. When the 9.0 folder is open, look for an entry named VersionCheck in the right window pane. That entry is called a DWORD and it should have a value equal to the long hexadecimal string you will find in the aircraft.cfg file of a licensed PSS 777. If it isn't there, you can add it manually. 5. To add a new DWORD, click edit at the top of the registry editor, then new DWORD value. You'll see New Value #1 in the right pane, already highlighted and ready to rename. Type in VersionCheck and hit enter. 6. Right click VersionCheck and select Modify. An Edit DWORD Value box will popup. Enter the hex string from the PSS 777 aircraft.cfg file in the Value data box and click OK. That should fix the loadedit problem. FINAL NOTE: Registry changes are saved automatically. If you have any doubts about editing the Registry - don't - unless you have a backup of a known good Registry and know how to restore it.Ken

Guest b737200

Firstly thank you for your prompt reply.Secondly I have a question, how long is this Hexadecimal value? I found a long hex value in the aircraft.cfg file but regedit only allows me to input 8 characters at once so it won't fit. Thanks.

Please sign your name iaw the forum guidelines - we all like to know who we are talking to.To solve your problem, go here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...cense+key\See the last few posts where I amended Jim H's approach slighly. In essence, do not bother with D Word use a String Value for the new registry entry. You can then copy/paste the hex code directly from the aircraft.cfg.Post back if you have any questions.John Rooum

Guest b737200

Firstly sorry for the name thing.It worked now, thanks to both of you, really helpful.Damian Agius.

Guest melf12

Hi John,Yes, your method is easier. I've made a note of it in case I have to do it again.Ken

It did not work for me though, even though I followed instructions "by the book".......Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.