Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moonraker

Close Encounters of the Third Kind ?

Guest sean maxwell

My Guess is very localized windshear?Sean Maxwell

The graphic driver/card will do strange things sometimes. I will have a hundred flights where everything is normal then one flight like last night when taxiing to the FEDEX ramp at KMEM behind a default AI 747 it was naked (no skin just innerds)... but okay from the spot view. Never saw that before but I have seen your split airframe before on several posts.Does it repeat? If not then I don't know anyone that has come up with an explanation. I had trouble with the 747X once that did repeat, sitting in the VC cockpit there was no skin and I could see the panels but everthing else was outdoors... I had to reinstall that one for a fix. As far as I am concerned this graphics stuff is majic but I am very ignorant in this matter.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Moonraker
The graphic driver/card will do strange things sometimes. I will have a hundred flights where everything is normal then one flight like last night when taxiing to the FEDEX ramp at KMEM behind a default AI 747 it was naked (no skin just innerds)... but okay from the spot view. Never saw that before but I have seen your split airframe before on several posts.Does it repeat? If not then I don't know anyone that has come up with an explanation. I had trouble with the 747X once that did repeat, sitting in the VC cockpit there was no skin and I could see the panels but everthing else was outdoors... I had to reinstall that one for a fix. As far as I am concerned this graphics stuff is majic but I am very ignorant in this matter.
It

Guest Moonraker
Moonraker,Did you check your graphics card core temp?Jan
Not at the moment of this "incident". Now it is 58

Guest cloudfreak
Not at the moment of this "incident". Now it is 58

Guest Moonraker
Hi Moonraker,at the simulation try uncheck anti alaising in the FSX grafik-menu , enter , then check anti alaising again and all works again (works for me)regardsJ

Guest SkullxBones
My Guess is very localized windshear?Sean Maxwell
Hah, from what I see at the rear end, it looks like that wind shear scared the cargo out of it.Jeff P.

Just uninstall everything and do a clean reinstall with no antivirus on.

Guest Moonraker
Just uninstall everything and do a clean reinstall with no antivirus on.
What do you mean by "uninstall everything"? The MD11 + liveries or the whole FSX??? Because uninstalling + reinstalling FSX + sceneries + aircraft is something I REALLY would hate to do :( :(Richard