Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Las Vegas Revisited

Just a "heads up" regarding Las Vegas.I have long been a fan of the extrordinary downtown Las Vegas scenery by Shigeo "shige" Ishii. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=39020One should use a "car" as an aircraft and drive thru it to really appreciate the fine detail.However, many of the airport enhancements which I have audtioned, conflict with his downtown scenery. Kylan Walters has recently released an enhacement of the Las Vegas airport which does not conflict. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...n&Go=SearchThe two enhancements work well together to create a wonderful setting. Now you can visit Las Vegas and not be concerned with loosing any money!! :( They are "keepers" on my setup. :(

Thanks for the heads-up from another longtime admirer of Shigeo's Las Vegas.Two questions, if you've had time to form an impression--Any adverse impact on frame rates?Do the EG&G "Janet" planes park in the North Parking area as they should?All the best,Bill

Thanks for the heads-up from another longtime admirer of Shigeo's Las Vegas.Two questions, if you've had time to form an impression--Any adverse impact on frame rates?Do the EG&G "Janet" planes park in the North Parking area as they should?All the best,Bill
I saw no adverse FR impact on my setup.Sorry to say that I did not explore all of the parking so cannot comment on "Janet". :(

If you are speaking of AI "Janet" aircraft, it should be easy enough to add the appropriate parking codes to both the aircraft.cfg file and the parking spot(s) in the airport's afcad.If you are speaking of "flyable" aircraft, you can set up a reserved parking spot so ATC will direct you to it. This tutorial will show how can be done:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=125172Hope that helps. :(

Thanks for the feedback. May try it later, although I'm now worried about its compatibility with the AF2 file with approaches (perhaps one of Jim Vile's masterpieces) that produces those lovely curving approaches over the city.Complexities, complications, and compatibility issues--never-ending fodder for the anxious!All the best,Bill