Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Question about the Omega drivers

I just installed the latest Omega drivers (performance ones). I had the 30.82's installed. Now it seems that it is taking longer for textures to load, not much but it is noticeable. Does the 40.xx series drivers require DX9 cause I have DX 8.1 installed now. I am not wanting to go to DX9 cause of the inablilty to use Squawkbox with it. Thanks for any help.

Eric 

Guest SoarPics

I'd be surprised if DX has anything to do with your problem in this sim. Did you follow the BIOS tweak recommendations at Omega's website?

Greg, this is gonna sound like a moronic question but can you tell me how one would go about changing your BIOS around. I saw the message on the omega site about tweaking your BIOS, just don't know how to do it.

Eric 

Eric, I just upgraded from the 30.82 drivers to the Omega 43.45's as well and really like the result. I'm still running DX 8.1 and have not noticed any adverse effects.. The new drivers are very stable and produce both good performance and excellent graphics quality.. the best I've had on my system. Totally smooth at 24 fps locked.Windows XP, GF4-4200-128, P4-2.4Video: 1200x960x32 no overclockingFor my eyes, the slightly shimmering effect of the Omega drivers needs to be changed, by selecting "best quality" under Mipmap settings in the Properties menu. I also force 2x AA. No other tweaks.. just flying to all the pretty places and enjoying the views!

Bert