Sign in to follow this  
Guest spidey

Can you change an aircraft in a mission?

Guest spidey

Hi guys, Just wondering if it's possible to change an aircraft in the missions?Particulaly Just Flights Rescue Pilot Mission Pack. I.e. In the just flight rescue pilot missions the helicopter is the default Bell 206 Jetranger just with a repaint. Is it possible for me to swap the Jetranger for my Nemth Design EC-135? The UK have never operated a Jetranger for any type of rescue, especially Air Ambulance as its not twin engined. I know Just Flight had to release it with it but just cant stand the damn thing. Reall new to modifying FSX in anyway, added plenty of aircraft but only learnt how to add textures last night so if any one does know how and can give me n answer pleasse make it simple for a newbie modifier!Thanks in advance

Is it possible for me to swap the Jetranger for my Nemth Design EC-135?
Two ways, one easy but comes with a catch, and one slightly harder:Easy WayTick the box on the main Missions page that says "Allow Changes in Missions ..." before you load the mission. After you do that, the Select Aircraft ... menu item will be visible inside the mission and you can switch aircraft before taking off. The caveat: You won't earn a Reward even if you successfully complete the mission.Harder WayYou could edit the .FLT file in the mission folder to specify your EC135. Search the .FLT file for this string: sim.0This is where the name of the aircraft that the mission is designed for is specified. Get the correct name of the aircraft from the aircraft.cfg file of your EC135 to use a specific livery.More useful info here: http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comCheers,

Guest skybolt66
Two ways, one easy but comes with a catch, and one slightly harder:Easy WayTick the box on the main Missions page that says "Allow Changes in Missions ..." before you load the mission. After you do that, the Select Aircraft ... menu item will be visible inside the mission and you can switch aircraft before taking off. The caveat: You won't earn a Reward even if you successfully complete the mission.Harder WayYou could edit the .FLT file in the mission folder to specify your EC135. Search the .FLT file for this string: sim.0This is where the name of the aircraft that the mission is designed for is specified. Get the correct name of the aircraft from the aircraft.cfg file of your EC135 to use a specific livery.More useful info here: http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comCheers,
.....must be the "title" like:title=Airbus A321 Paint4Paint is the used texture !Happy landings, :( skybolt66.

Guest spidey

Cheers for that thanks. Just done the car crash mission with an EC135 with the correct county air ambulance colours! loads better!!Thanks