Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Expansion Kit for SanFran Region

The first region expansion kit was released in February 2007 for Seattle. Now map services are availlable more and more with good textures.After conversion of all .cpd files into .bin you can alter the tiles inserting new texture parts or even new tiles. There will be possible now to make the airport of Sacramento Metropolitan and more...The current region expansion is set to 16x16 tiles (original game is 10x11) but they can be easily expanded to 64x64 if one will do so much tiles :-)Just to remember 1 tile covers a range of 1 square mile.The elevation are left as is during this conversion - so all packages and airports we work as usual.To make new tiles you just need graphic tools like GIMP for processing of TGA files.(zero based at top left corner and no compression and 256 colors using SanFran palette)Here is a map of the expanded area: http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/expsanfran.jpg Now you can start processing :-)Andre

Thanks! I'm going to do the conversion and take a look at the bay area first. My plan is to improve existing areas first without necessarily doing total tile replacements. But first I have to finish some other work.

Installed your SF Expansion into a fresh new install patched to v2.0 as Flight3 SF Exp. Thought I'd do some exploring. Reno/Tahoe Intl appears to be at the extents of the new expansion to the east. Sorry S. Lake Tahoe fans, but you'll be under water for now.The 2nd screeny shows roughly the northern most of the new frontier.The last is the northwest corner looking roughly southeast.Lots of work to do. Now to get some "know-how" on texturing and making earth. Where should I begin? Perhaps the south and work my way east? Has anyone already started?I'll be using psp7 for texturing.I'm working on the road and the company I work for provides a sprint wireless card. Unfortunately sprint doesn't provide broadband service in the town I'm in now . Only what I consider as wide-dialup, 1xrtt. The speed here is 9k. :( At the office there is cable modem service, but everybody likes peeking over my sholder; but I'll "figger-out" something.jimbwell boo: I can't figure out this new screen shot system, ah-well......

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B