Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Midnight

real time

hello folks im tring to figure out how to get my flights in real time, what i mean is when im done fliying say about 8 0clock at night and then i save the flight , and then fly again say two days later in realtime say 10 am , is there a way that the sim will know what time it is and instead of it being where i saved it at 8 oclock i want it to remember two days later at 10 am.i have it checked in fuicp , im just wondering if im not doing somthing wrong here .Thanks......Robert

hello folks im tring to figure out how to get my flights in real time, what i mean is when im done fliying say about 8 0clock at night and then i save the flight , and then fly again say two days later in realtime say 10 am , is there a way that the sim will know what time it is and instead of it being where i saved it at 8 oclock i want it to remember two days later at 10 am.i have it checked in fuicp , im just wondering if im not doing somthing wrong here .Thanks......Robert
I don't believe you can do that. If you use Notepad to "open" a saved flight - the FLT file, you will see that the complete date and time is saved as a parameter which will be used when you select that saved flight again.Here is an example from one of my saved flights:[DateTimeSeason]Day=219Year=2007Hours=10Minutes=58Seconds=4Season=SummerHappy Flying. :(

I don't believe you can do that. If you use Notepad to "open" a saved flight - the FLT file, you will see that the complete date and time is saved as a parameter which will be used when you select that saved flight again.Here is an example from one of my saved flights:[DateTimeSeason]Day=219Year=2007Hours=10Minutes=58Seconds=4Season=SummerHappy Flying. :(
So what you are saying is that i cannot save a file and then expect it to be a the right real time.hhhmmm so to get that done i will have to get one of those programs liks FS realtime to automatically do that for me.Thanks......Robert

Hi,When you save a flight the time is saved as part of the file.When you reload that flight the data that was saved is also loaded. This includes the time and the weather conditions.When you reload the flight nothing but an edit to the saved flight file is going to change this, not even FSReal time.What you could do is either edit the saved flight as previously mentioned, or load the flight and then go to the time and date screen and adjust the data.

Hi Robert,Try this:Edit the saved flight file (make a backup first) with Notepad, and erase all entries in the [DateTimeSeason] section (below that header).When you reload the saved flight, with an empty [DateTimeSeason] section, FS wil set the actual date and time. Hope this helpGreetingsRafa

Hi Robert,Try this:Edit the saved flight file (make a backup first) with Notepad, and erase all entries in the [DateTimeSeason] section (below that header).When you reload the saved flight, with an empty [DateTimeSeason] section, FS wil set the actual date and time. Hope this helpGreetingsRafa
thanks for that info, where exactly is the saved flight file is it in my documents folder.Thanks.....Robert

It depends on your operating system, but you can find your saved flights in the "Documents" folder in Windows.In Vista, you can find it in the path: C:\Users\(Your user name here)\Documents\Flight Simulator FilesI don't remember at the moment the path for others version of Windows. Look for into your "Documents" folder. For each saved flight there are two files with the same name, but one with de extension .FLT and the other one with extension .WX. You have to edit the .FLT file, opening it with Notepad.

If using XP, the flights you save are located here:C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\My Documents\Flight Simulator FilesAs mentioned, there will be a FLT and WX file for each flight you saved. The WX file is the weather, and the FLT file contains everything else.Good Luck! :(