Sign in to follow this  
Guest ucanfly

FSD commander install probs

Guest ucanfly

I already tried the FSD site. Any one else having prpobs with brand new install of FSD command 115? It appears the registration dialogue is not in the installer since I never get the dialogue just file missing errors after it tries to install. Anyone have this problem with the new (full) install?x(

Perhaps something went wrong with your download. I would try downloading the installer again; make sure you have enough diskspace.Best,Martijn

Guest ucanfly

Thanks for your response. I downloaded twice with the same result. Even worse I posted the problem at their website and my post disappeared. I tried getting re-registered or re-licensed but I got an HTML error after I filled out the info. This is a bit frustating.I had no problem with the Seneca V last week.

Some users have experienced problems, but there is a fix. This is from their FAQs:Problem:I purchased the gmax upgrade for my Commander, and I can't select the aircraft directory it resides in. I keep getting an error message stating:"Cannot find the aircraft in it's default directory" or"A critical project file could not be found" Solution:The FS 2002 Commander file set as of Service Release 2 works just fine, but if you did not keep your files up to date, the upgrade installer may not recognize them. Rather than have you go back and download another 17 MB file, to restore your old files, we have come up with a small installer that will worm through your file set and put it straight for the update. All you will need is your original product registration key to unlock it. You can download this file (1.3 MB) here to your hard drive and execute it. This should bring your files up to Service Release 2 status. Note that you will need your original product key to unlock this mini-installer. If you lost your Commander key, send us an e-mail and give us the Name, address, phone number and date of purchase (or just the order number if you have it). We will generate a new key for you. Allow 24 hours process time.Go to FSD's Updates and FAQs page and navigate to the section on the Commander.Alastair

Guest SoarPics

Hi Alastair,This is the same problem I had with my Gmax upgrade from the original Commander. The solution you posted is for the upgrade (which is what most folks had a problem with). I finally gave up on the upgrade (4 hours of frustration was enough for me). I don't recall anybody having problems with the full install of the Gmax Commander. But ucanfly's problem is with the original install, not the upgrade.Hope he gets it sorted. It's a great airplane.

Guest ucanfly

Alas no solution. Yea this is not an upgrade, this is the new full install. I hope the server was just having problems today. I really want to try this one out - soon. Thanks for feeling my pain :-).

Guest ucanfly

AH - what does the video card have to do with installing the airplane? The problem is with installing the plane and license verification which has nothing to do whatsoever with the video card. Nonethless I am waiting for a Gainward card in the mail.By the way the reason I posted this here is because I am wondering if anyone has tried to install the full gmax commander in the last day or to help isolate my problem to either a possible FSD server problem or an isolated event unique to me. I have read on their boards that they had server problems in the past. I just want to fly the darn thing this weekend.

>AH - what does the video card have to do with installing the>airplane? The problem is with installing the plane and>license verification which has nothing to do whatsoever with>the video card. If the graphic card does not recognise the dxt format or extended bitmap textures in the package you may have a problem getting those textures `recognised` by your computer. If that is the case, then the installer won't recognise a `genuine` install and will fail to complete. >Nonethless I am waiting for a Gainward card in>the mail.Assuming the download is not corrupted, you should repeat your request over at the correct forum, where specific help can be provided. The absence of your earlier posts over there does also suggest you have a computer problem sending and receiving data over the internet. I would try running a speed & compatibility test from here:http://www.dslreports.com/toolsChasW

Guest ucanfly

I'm sorry if I seem a little frustrated, but I think you are talking about step G whilst I am talking about step A. From what FSD has told me before the aircraft install occurs I need to get a registration dialogue, and before a registration dialogue launches it needs to verify a license in an ini file. Even though the INI file is there where the installer put it it can't find the path to the file it just installed. This is wher the error occurs. It hasn't even begun to unpack files that contain aircraft textures.As far as absence of earlier posts- well they were there for at least an hour, and my response to someone elses posts are still there. Tim told me he didn't think it was necessary to retain one of my earlier posts since he responded to my email, therefore I assume that they routinely delete previous posts if they are considered trivial, redundant, or whatever to save space.All in all I'm starting to believe there is a compatibility issue with the new FSD license wrapper and my current WIn 98 system, but I am trying to see if anyone else has tried this download (full gmax 115) in last 24 hours in the slim hope that it is something else. I already tried multiple downloads to no avail.Thanks all for responding, but for now I guess I'm screwed.