Sign in to follow this  
Guest intogamer

Who has the best C152 (payware or freeware)

Guest intogamer

I'm looking for a nice 152 to get me started on RW training..heh. I was wondering who has the best C152 whether it be Flight1 or Caranedo...Thanks!

Guest Nealoc187

There's no comparison that can be made between Flight1 and Carenado. Flight1 without question. Carenado spend all their time making their planes look very pretty.

Guest Tingoose

I have the F1 C152 and have time in the RW C152 and I am impressed with how the F1 C152's flight model refelects the RW closely. I can't comment on the flight model of Carenado's as I don't have it. I think the poster above was making the point that Carenado make good visual models but maybe aren't so hot at the flight models. At least that's what I think he was implying?! Someone with both addons needs to come in here. I would like to hear some 'side by side' comparisons, especially with reference to the flight models.

Guest FengZ

for RW flight training, i recommend you to get the Flight1 Cessna 172. I know you are flying 152s right now, but most likely, you or the school will upgrade you into the 172 after a few hours in the 152.The Flight1 172 is pretty good. The flight modeling and system modeling are pretty accurate to the real thing (stall speeds, climb/decent rates, rpm setting vs speed, mixture controls, etc.) Since you are just starting out w/ your lessons, having a "digital" version at home is very helpful. I used it constantly during my pilot school days; especially for VOR-VOR navigation, and doing "virtual" flights before the real deal (made my first x-country a breeze after doing it 4-5 times in the sim first). Later you can modify the panel with the RealityXP GPS gauges...and you'll have all the systems covered.-feng

Guest cuizinier

Hibeside flight one's and carenado's offers there is a 150L freeware by Fran

Guest Tingoose

JulienThanks for that link for the freeware C150. Have just installed and I am well impressed. It flies to the numbers and would be a great adjunct to RW PPL training. I've alisased the F! C152 sounds as it uses the default C172 sounds. Excellent freeware!

Guest Nealoc187
hicould you be more specific? Your statement seems contradictory. :( thanks
Carenado spend all their time making their planes look very pretty, and that's it. Not much substance to them - that's the impression I've gotten from the C210, C206, and Mooney M20J of theirs that I've flown. They look very pretty and are very simple, though the real world aircraft are pretty simple too so maybe that's not a bad thing.

First off I like some of the Carenado Models. Looking at the Flight1 Web Site I see that they offer both the Flight1 & Carenado Models. I know that the Carenado Model is only a couple of months old. Does anybody have any idea how long ago the Flight1 Model was developed?I also have the Flight1 C172, a great plane. If their C152 is anything like their C172 it certainly deserves a look.Tom

The Flight One C152 is an older model. I believe it was originally made for FS2002. That said It's still very nice. Especially after a few minor tweaks.Cheers...............Todd

Also if I remember correctly, RealAir offered as a free download a C172. There was some assembly required, but the flight dynamics of the aircraft were suppose to be the best in the business at the time.Tom

Guest Tingoose
Also if I remember correctly, RealAir offered as a free download a C172. There was some assembly required, but the flight dynamics of the aircraft were suppose to be the best in the business at the time.Tom
That's right. RealAir are masters of accurate flight models and you can download a freeware package that converts the default C172 into a a C172 with an excellent flight model with which you can practise spin/stall recovery with some semblance to the real thing. Highly recommended. The flight 1 C152 has been around awhile but remains a superbly flight model-equipped addon.Comments on the Carenado flight model by any owner appreciated. . . anyone?edited for spelling.

That's right. RealAir are masters of accurate flight models and you can download a freeware package that converts the default C172 into a a C172 with an excellent flight model with which you can practise spin/stall recovery with some semblance to the real thing. Highly recommended. The flight 1 C152 has been around awhile but remains a superbly flight model-equipped addon.Comments on the Carenado flight model by any owner appreciated. . . anyone?edited for spelling.
The Carenado 152 was designed for 2002 so I don't recommend it now. The Freeware 150 seems to be the best rendition out there for a 150/152 now.

Cessnaflyer wrote:

"The Carenado 152 was designed for 2002"
Are we certain of this? I was under the impression that the Carenado C152 was brand-new for FSX and FS2004. It's certainly not priced like a warmed over 2002 model. I realize that's not a sure fire way to tell but usually the 2002 models are $10 - $17 and the new ones are $25 and up.Cheers..............Todd