Sign in to follow this  
scott967

R.Probst's new panel

Hello, I just downloaded and installed Mr. Probst's excellent new 727 panel. I have encountered one small issue after installing it however:1)the simicon that should open the overhead panel(not the lighting but the main overhead)isn't active.2) the overhead gauges show up when i press shift+7, bt there is no background bitmap.when i opened the panel .cfg to see what there was, the overhead panel refers to a bitmap, that isn't included in the zip file. the only bmp. file is the up.bmp and if I modify the .cfg fie to point to this bmp., some of the gauges appear in the wrong place.Has anyone else experienced this problem? or did i get a corrupted download? cheers!

Hi Michael,same here...Also, on the main panel, rudder indicator moves way out of the gauge image boundaries when the rudder is fully deflected (1280x960 res).Other than that, it's a beautiful panel! :)Regards,Jure

Guest Van

I have had the same problem with the overhead panel as well. The bitmap was named incorrectly in the panel cfg, but even when renamed the gauges are not aligned properly to the bitmap. I tried playing with the overhead gauge size, but could not match it up with the bitmap, so hopefully Richard will correct this issue. In the mean time I've assigned his partial overhead with the starters, anti ice etc from his version 3 panel and all works great. I must tip my hat to Richard as he has done an outstanding job again on his newest creation.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG FDE designer

I tried something a little different with this one and that is put the overhead on the regular upper view. That way you can watch the clouds zip by as you tinker with all those switches. There's no missing bitmaps. Just use Control - numberpad 5 as you normally would to open the upper view. Release the Control key before you release the 5 key so that the panel persists. And make sure your NumLock is off. To get back to the forward view, press the Spacebar. Have fun guys,Rich

Thanks for the nice upgrade. Nice having the vibrator quieter! NOw my only noise problem is that I have stab trim on a joystick rotary and sometimes it has a jitter which generates a real racket from the trim gauge.scott s..

Hello,I have just exactly the same problems as you have.I have mailed mr. Probst for a solution, i think there is something wrong with the "up.bmp" and semicon missing.Bigbear

UPDATE ! Like Rich said:Just use Control - numberpad 5 as you normally would to open the upper view. Release the Control key before you release the 5 key so that the panel persists. And make sure your NumLock is off. To get back to the forward view, press the Spacebar. This is the solution! SHIFT+7 or Viewsinstrument paneloverhead does NOT work.Thank you Rich!Bigbear

Hi everyone,as I pointed out earlier in the flightsim.com forum: to fully enjoy the true beauty and functionality of the upper panel all it requires is some very basic panel.cfg editing, i. e., replacing the "VIEW_UP" headings by VIEW_FORWARD_UP" in the respective section, thusVIEW_FORWARD_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_FORWARD_UP_DIR=-90.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_UP_ZOOM=0.85Thanks to FlytheSpitfire for posting this hint in the AVSIM forum as of September last year (sic!).Happy landings - and make sure you download and use Charles Fox' latest XML gauge addon to Richard Probst's masterpiece.Fully clickable:[http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/22657.jpg]Cheers,Markus

Hi Richard,If you read this can I please once again request you to do a 737-200 panel. Your 727 panel is UNBELIEVABLE. As they share a lot of common guages, especially on the main panel, it would be lovely to have. And if Mr. Charles Fox can come up with a matching .air file for the 737-200 like his maserpiece for the 727, WOWWWWWWWWW !!!!!So please Richard and Charles, can you consider this request??Lol,Dinshaw.

I would second the idea of a 737-200 panel myself :-).As one who has used RP's panels for some time now, may I strongly urge folks to read the manual on it. Richard has gone to a lot of trouble to produce really fine documentation on it, and believe me, there are things (important) you'll miss if you don't read it (the upper view access is just one thing of many). This is a masterful piece of work, as you know, but you won't know just HOW good it is until you go through the manual. Trust me :-)Have fun!Glenn

Guest Van

I created a 737-200 panel based on Richard's 727-200 panel quite some time ago. My panel thread explains it all and there is the availability of a fully functional IVSI/TCAS system based on the Rockwell-Collins TCAS simulated system as well as a fully functional overhead amongst many other items. There are some conditions to be met before I can email it to anyone. Check out the link to my thread below.http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=109558&page=6Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer