Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

How to Tune Comm Radio to 128.275?

I have an AFCAD created airport (KSZL)that has the Comm frequency of 128.275 for ground control. Is there any way to tune the radio to this precision? If not, can I just edit the frequency, using AFCAD, to a tuneable frequency? Thanks, Bob.

Hey Bob,Check the technical page in your FSUIPC module. I believe there is an option to set your frequency span.Hope all is well,Leon

Ha? Where's the problem setting it?? :-hmmmIf your COM doesn't show up the trailing 5, if you mean that, just set it to 128.27 which is nuffin else than 128.275! Since the intervals are all 25kHz!

You are correct!After looking again, the radios default to the 25kHz split. Checking the 50kHz box in the FSUIPC module limits the nav frequency to 50kHz.Leon

Guest RonB49

Or Bob, does your frequency jump from 128.25 to 128.30 when you try to tune 128.275? If that's what happens, then there is a checkbox within FS2002 that you need to find. Look in Aircraft>Realism first but it may be under the Options menu. Its caption reads something about tuning in 25 MHz increments. R-EDIT -- Perhaps Leon is right. It may be older verions of FlightSim that had to be configured to tune in 25 KHz (not MHz) steps. R-

Hi to all that responded to my question. Yes mine shows 128.27. I did not realize that that was actually 128.275. Best regards to all, Bob.

Guest H_Kev55

LOL..Leave it to those in Missouri to come up with something like this...J/K...I have written flight plans for military flights between Whiteman and Grissom AFB's.I guess I never paid attention to the freqs...I'll check them now thanks to your post.KJ

Hi. Could you please post your flightplans here or send them to me. I love military AI. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Does anyone know a way to get the frequencies to be tuned by a single keypress instead of tuning the whole digits, then the fractions? If tuning the fractions past .99 incremented the whole units by one that would allow me to use a single knob on a keyboard emulating panel.Richard