Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

MD-11 Lights

Guest CX355

Great plane...love it, have a few questions:1)Are the INTERIOR lights visible from the outside...my plane is dark in cockpit, pax cabin windows and cargo pits2)I only get partial green box on surface control outboard of wing, nothing on rudder and elevator, any ideas?3)Is there anyway to delete to VC views to get a possible FPS increase..I have been unable to // it out.I am running FS9 only version..Thank youVincent

Cabin lights are controlled with a programmable keycommand.Not sure what number two is asking, are you referring to the config SD screen?No. the vc is not deletable nor is it used unless you are looking at a vc view.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest CX355
Cabin lights are controlled with a programmable keycommand.Not sure what number two is asking, are you referring to the config SD screen?No. the vc is not deletable nor is it used unless you are looking at a vc view.
Thank you for your answers...as for number 2 that is correct...the config screen when checking flight controls.

Guest manniko
Hi,I have the same problem (with the MD-11) and tried to solve it with assigning a keycombination to the cabin light - but unfortunately it doesn't work at all. I am running XGRAPHIC and had also problems with landing lights etc. but that could be solved within the advanced setup in XGRAPHIC. Any clue how to solve that problem and get the cabin lights on ?Another problem: the landing and/or taxi lights are on, but the reflection on the ground is very very weak, I just can see the light from outside but from inside nearly not to see at all? Any clues also for this problem ??Regards Manfred (PMDG - MD-11)

Guest CX355
Hi,I have the same problem (with the MD-11) and tried to solve it with assigning a keycombination to the cabin light - but unfortunately it doesn't work at all. I am running XGRAPHIC and had also problems with landing lights etc. but that could be solved within the advanced setup in XGRAPHIC. Any clue how to solve that problem and get the cabin lights on ?Another problem: the landing and/or taxi lights are on, but the reflection on the ground is very very weak, I just can see the light from outside but from inside nearly not to see at all? Any clues also for this problem ??Regards Manfred (PMDG - MD-11)
Manfred...it could be XGRAPHIC giving you pains.....see FAQ MD-11 PMDG site, something to do with panel limits (61MD-11 used of 64 available) What kind of key combo are you attempting...you may also have a double assignment going on. Vincent
Thank you for your answers...as for number 2 that is correct...the config screen when checking flight controls. As for lights, I guess the single pax won't be able to make out now that the lights are on. ha ha :(

Guest manniko
Manfred...it could be XGRAPHIC giving you pains.....see FAQ MD-11 PMDG site, something to do with panel limits (61MD-11 used of 64 available) What kind of key combo are you attempting...you may also have a double assignment going on. Vincent
Hi Vincent,thanks for the prompt reply. I know the limitations of 64 panels, but I guess, there is no need to have another panel from XGRAPHIC. It is loaded prior to FSX and not using any new panel. I have only one additional panel installed for FS-MAP, so there should be 2 panels remaining. So I assigned at the moment QTRL+] to the cabin lights. But it won't work at all. Any idea how to increase the intensity of the landing- taxi- and wing lights? With me the intensity is very very low. Thanks for help Vincent.RegardsManfred

Landing light fix is to put the original spotlight.bmp file in the textures folder.I use Shift+L for cabin lights after deleting the default MSFS assignment for that key and it works okay in fs9/fsx/cargo/pax. If you have a problem with a pmdg keycommand assignment, please remove the default msfs assignment (I removed all but the ones I use).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest CX355
Landing light fix is to put the original spotlight.bmp file in the textures folder.I use Shift+L for cabin lights after deleting the default MSFS assignment for that key and it works okay in fs9/fsx/cargo/pax. If you have a problem with a pmdg keycommand assignment, please remove the default msfs assignment (I removed all but the ones I use).
Good advice....me too, that way no chance of conflicting assignments

Guest manniko
Hi Dan and Vincent,one problem successfully solved. I followed your both advices. 1. I deleted the keycombination for LIGHT ON CTRL+L in FSX2. I assigned the keycombination QTRL+L to cabin lights in the MD-11 Keyassignment menueWork seemless. Looks phantastic !!Again thanks to everybody for giving a helping hand.Regards from the desert of Riyadh Manfred (Riyadh - OERK)

Guest CX355
Hi Dan and Vincent,one problem successfully solved. I followed your both advices. 1. I deleted the keycombination for LIGHT ON CTRL+L in FSX2. I assigned the keycombination QTRL+L to cabin lights in the MD-11 Keyassignment menueWork seemless. Looks phantastic !!Again thanks to everybody for giving a helping hand.Regards from the desert of Riyadh Manfred (Riyadh - OERK)
Manfred......glad to hear it.....Vincent

Guest manniko
Manfred......glad to hear it.....Vincent
Hi Vincent,I just found out that there is a update for XGraphics ( SP 4 ) - which I installed and you they solved the problem with the lights for add-on airplanes. Under the tab '' lights '' is now a possibility to select lights in different colors for those who have other ap than FSX provides. And this works now also great. Regards from the desert of Saudi Arabia,Manfred ( Riyadh - OERK )