Sign in to follow this  
siggy

Framerate Comparison

Gooday,I'm wondering whether the 744X would be usable on my laptop at all (Vista-64, 4GB RAM).I'm currently using the Flight1 Citation-Mustang and get acceptable frame rates with it, at least when not flying into highly detailed 3rd-party airports. I read somewhere that the PMDG MD-11 shows a similar frame rate performance than the Flight1 Citation-Mustang, so I'm wondering whether the 744X would do well enough on my laptop, too. Can anyone make a comparative statement on this please ?Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

I used to have a P4 single core 3.2 GHz Dell XPS. FSX and the 747X was what I consider borderline, but so was FSX without the 747X in areas of complex scenery. If it is a duo core with at least 256Mb video memory (see PMDG recommended system) you should be able to fly the 747X. You might have to ease up on autogen and ai traffic, depends on your horsepower.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm currently using the Flight1 Citation-Mustang and get acceptable frame rates with it, at least when not flying into highly detailed 3rd-party airports. I read somewhere that the PMDG MD-11 shows a similar frame rate performance than the Flight1 Citation-Mustang, so I'm wondering whether the 744X would do well enough on my laptop, too. Can anyone make a comparative statement on this please ?
I have all three - the MD11 performs better on my system than the Mustang, but it's been a while since I flew the 744X last. If you can wait a couple of hours, I can load all three in the same location and let you know what FPS I get from each.Tom

I have all three - the MD11 performs better on my system than the Mustang, but it's been a while since I flew the 744X last. If you can wait a couple of hours, I can load all three in the same location and let you know what FPS I get from each.Tom
Thanks, I am not in a hurry at all and would appreciate your observations with the three products !Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

On my average system with FSX settings turned up fairly high, this is what I get when sitting in the VC at EDDH and panning around, looking inside and outside:* Mustang: Between 14-18 fps.* MD-11: 14-20 fps.* 744X: 11-17 fps.The higher values are when I look inside, the lower when I look outside (lots of autogen).The actual fps values mean nothing, of course, but relative to each other they pretty much match my experience with these aircraft - the MD-11 is easiest on the frames, followed by the Mustang and then the 744X. Of course, with the 744 you would tend to fly to bigger airports than with the Mustang, which might hit you harder on the frame rates.Hope this helps,Tom

Guest SkullxBones

I also have all three. The MD-11 is best, the Mustang only slightly better then the 747 on my system but for whatever reason the panning seems to be jerkier in the Mustang even though the FPS might be a frame or two higher. Q6600 OC'd to 3.48800GTSJeff P.

Thanks, Tom & Jeff, very much appreciated. This gives me a good idea on what to expect. It seems as I could use the 744X on my laptop (that was meant, amongst other purposes, to bridge the time until FS11). Some time in the future I will then upgrade the desktop and move everything FS-related there. I guess the 744X license is not "soldered to the mainboard".Thanks again,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

That is correct, you can reinstall the sim on another platform of your choice but not for concurrent use.

Dan Downs KCRP