Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2001

Samsung T220 TFT

Hi After a lot of shopping around I have deceided to buy a Samsung T220 Wide-screen TFT. My question is ( and it may sound like a dumb one) is what screen resolution should I set FS9 to. The spec on the Samsung offers a 1680 x 1050 resolution. Also, do I change the settings within FS9 or via Nhancer or the video card itsef. I am using a Nvidia 9800GTX+Many thanks Tristan .

Hi After a lot of shopping around I have deceided to buy a Samsung T220 Wide-screen TFT. My question is ( and it may sound like a dumb one) is what screen resolution should I set FS9 to. The spec on the Samsung offers a 1680 x 1050 resolution. Also, do I change the settings within FS9 or via Nhancer or the video card itsef. I am using a Nvidia 9800GTX+Many thanks Tristan .
You should always use the native resolution of the screen (in this case 1650x1080), regardless if you're talking about Windows in general or any app in particulair.If you should change the FS resolution settings, depends on how you use FS. If you use it in a window-mode (with menu-bar and window header), you always use the Windows-setting. If you prefer the full-screen mode (Alt-Enter), you should set your resolution from within FS.I use the Samsung 226CW at 1650x1080 (in window-mode) and am extremely happy with it.Hope this helpes.Best regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

FWIW I have a 22" wide screen with a native resolution of 1680x1050 also. I have an older AGP machine with an X1650 pro video card. I run FS9 at 1280x800 full screen and the desktop and other apps at 1680x1050 with no issues. Obviously It does look sharper at 1680x1050 but really it's not that bad at all. My old machine chokes on 1680x1050. Your 9800GTX should have the horsepower to run it but don't be afraid to try other 16x10 resolutions.Cheers.....................Todd