Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steven Stratton

737NG 2.0 Screenshot?

Guest Steven Stratton

Hey,Whilst browsing the PMDG site, I came across this - I noticed that it had an Integrated Standby Flight Display which the current 737NG does not have. I'll go back to my sad corner now! :(

Hey,Whilst browsing the PMDG site, I came across this - I noticed that it had an Integrated Standby Flight Display which the current 737NG does not have. I'll go back to my sad corner now! :(
In fact NG's that are delivered by Boeing since somewhere 2007, actualy do have the IFSD! The airline I work for has quite a number of NG's and the last 6 or so that were delivered are equiped with an IFSD.Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I believe he was referring to PMDG's 737NG, which indeed does not have an IFSD. Anyway - yes that must be a screenshot. A tiny, tiny screenshot. Can't wait for release day. -Alex

That image is very old and I believe it was a mockup/proof of concept type image, definitely don't assume that's from the actual NG 2.0 product.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 413X3

well let us see the actual product ourselves :)

Just to clarify, the more modern integrated standby instrument was introduced on NGs in 2003 and they are actually pretty common on aircraft now because of that, although that date does mean that there will be a few NGs around that don't have it, so either depiction is correct for early NGs but not for the later variants.Most pilots apparently prefer them according to Boeing, hardly surprising since most are used to glass cockpits these days, but the ILS is obviously going to be tricky to see on such a tiny instrument, which is a complaint some have voiced, still it is only a backup, and probably adequate when that is considered.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here