Sign in to follow this  
Guest ums140575

May-Day! May-Day!

Guest usman

Good day to all here at AVSIM,Please could anyone help me with some very annoying problems i've been having with my FSX rig.First: I can't seem to get SP2 installed on my system. What happens is that it starts to install then half way through it suddenly rolls back the installation telling me I DON'T have SP1 installed!!! I've had SP1 installed and running since it came out without any issues.Second: I only fly the bigjets (SMS Overland Boeing 777 series and Airbus A3xx). When engines are on and idle the aircraft rolls by itself. I have 'rcb_Groundhandling 5' setup but it still happens even when turned off. This is very annoying as my 777-300ER rolls to 20kts on idle power (!!!)Please this is an appeal to the noble people of the global FSX community, as I live for simming......please help !!!!Much respect to AVSIM and everyone else that has made this possible.my specs are:DELL Inspirion 1720 LaptopIntel Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10Ghz256mb Nvidia 8600M GT graphics4GB DDR2 RAM160GB HDD x2 :(

If it were me, I'd uninstall SP1, run a registry cleaner, reinstall SP1, run the sim, install SP2.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Second: I only fly the bigjets (SMS Overland Boeing 777 series and Airbus A3xx). When engines are on and idle the aircraft rolls by itself. I have 'rcb_Groundhandling 5' setup but it still happens even when turned off. This is very annoying as my 777-300ER rolls to 20kts on idle power (!!!)
Are you lightly loaded or heavy? If the plane's light enough, it can do that.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guest ums140575
If it were me, I'd uninstall SP1, run a registry cleaner, reinstall SP1, run the sim, install SP2.Bob
Will do.....i'm crossing my fingers!!!

Guest ums140575
Are you lightly loaded or heavy? If the plane's light enough, it can do that.
Ok I see your point,what do you think is the 'standard' gross weight for a 77W from Istanbul (Ataturk) to KJFK using a polar route would be?

Guest ums140575
Will do.....i'm crossing my fingers!!!
No joy!!!the error message says: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 ended before completeing installation. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run Setup again." if only it game me a more detailed error message....help!

OK . Hang in there. The only issues I have seen with SP2 have been language issues. Still working on itBob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Ok I see your point,what do you think is the 'standard' gross weight for a 77W from Istanbul (Ataturk) to KJFK using a polar route would be?
I don't know what standard would be, but you'd be carrying a lot of fuel for that one. By lightly loaded, I meant a very light load of fuel and possibly very light passenger and/or cargo load as well. When you think about it, the Boeing 777-300ER does have big, powerful engines at 115,300 pounds of thrust.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

I had your problem with SP2 Installation a while back and eventually ended up calling MS Tech Support. The quote below is from an earlier post of mine where I reported the procedure that the suggested. It did work at the time although it's somewhat tedious. I had a similar issue not long ago when I could not install FSX-SP2 after a fresh install on my new PC. After just about tearing my hair out, I ended up having to completely uninstall FSX, and then do a fresh install. This was the procedure that I followed ( from Microsoft FS Support):I Uninstall the game------------------------------------------1. Click on Start2. Click on Control Panel.3. Click on Switch to classic view4. Click on Add or Remove programs5. Check mark on Show updated at top bar of the window.5. Select Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1 from the installed program list and then click on Remove.6. Now select the Microsoft Flight Simulator X and click on Remove and follow the instructions to uninstall it.II Remove the game folder---------------------------------------------------1. Right click on Start2. Click on Explore3. Click on Program Files4. Double click on Microsoft games5. Select the Flight Simulator X folder and press the Delete key on the keyboard.III Remove the folder that has saved game content.1. Click Start, and then click My Documents.2. Right-click the Flight Simulator Files folder, if it exists, and then click Delete.Note: If the Flight Simulator Files folder does not exist, close the My Documents window, and then go to step 3.3. Click yes to confirm that you want to remove the folder and all its contents.4. Close the My Documents window.IV Remove the FSX folder1. Click on Start2. Click on Run3. Type %appdata% in the box and click on OK4. Double click on Microsoft folder5. Select FSX folder and press Delete key on the keyboard.V Remove the game from Registry-------------------------------------------------------------------WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry editor at your own risk.VI Remove the game entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE1. Click on Start2. Click on Run3. In the box type regedit and press Enter key.4. Double Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE5. Double Click on Software6. Double Click on Microsoft7. Double Click on Microsoft Games8. Locate "Flight simulator X" and delete the folder. Click on yes when it asks to delete this key and all of its sub keys.9. Click on edit and click on Find next10. In the find box type Flight Simulator X and click on Find next11. Delete the entry that is found and then press F3 to find the next entry. Keep on pressing F3 until all the entries of Flight simulator have been deleted.12. Close the Registry editor.Note: The above steps will remove the Flight simulator X completely.VII Please restart the computer.VIII Clean Boot------------------------------When you start Microsoft Windows with a normal startup, several programs start automatically and run in the background. These programs may include third-party antivirus programs and system utility programs.When you try to run the game, these programs may interfere with the game. If this occurs, you can use a clean boot to start your computer before you play a game. This prevents these background programs from starting automatically. Hence, we will try reinstalling the game in Clean boot mode.NOTE: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.1. Click on Start, and then click Run.2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the following check boxes:- Process SYSTEM.INI File- Process WIN.INI File- Load Startup Items5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.6. On the Startup Tab, click the option "Disable All"7. Click on Apply, then click on Close, and then click on RestartDisable any antivirus or system security software (Norton, MacAfee). Also, if you have any third-party software installed for video performance or refresh rate optimization, please disable that software.IX Reinstall FSX-------------------1. Insert the Flight Simulator X Deluxe DVD Disc 1 in the DVD drive.2. On the first page of the Setup wizard, click Next.3. Click Install.. Install Installs Flight Simulator X.. More OptionsOn the More Options screen, you can change install location, limit users, and start Flight Simulator X after installation.4. Install for all Users, run after install, view Readme, and then add a shortcut.5. To change the Installation folder, click Browse, and then select a new location. . To display free space on all drives on the computer, click Disk Space.6. The installation process will start. When you are prompted to insert different Flight Simulator X discs, insert the appropriate disc, and then click OK.After the installation is complete, the game will build scenery file indexes.X Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable package-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To download and install Visual C++, please visit the Web site mentioned below.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enClick on Download on the web page and save it on the desktop. Go back to the desktop and double click on the downloaded file and try to install the package and then try installing the game.XI Restart the system.XII Download and install Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Download and install the latest Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...rvicePack1.aspxClick on Download on the webpage, when you receive File Download dialogue box, then click on save, save the file to the desktop. Go back to the desktop, open the downloaded file, and try to run the update.XIII Download and install Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Download and install the latest Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...rvicePack2.aspxClick on Download on the webpage, when you receive File Download dialogue box, then click on save, save the file to the desktop. Go back to the desktop, open the downloaded file, and try to run the update.I would suggest printing the procedure, then do exactly what it says and then hopefully you'll be back in buisness.Good luck with it,

Guest ums140575
I don't know what standard would be, but you'd be carrying a lot of fuel for that one. By lightly loaded, I meant a very light load of fuel and possibly very light passenger and/or cargo load as well. When you think about it, the Boeing 777-300ER does have big, powerful engines at 115,300 pounds of thrust.
You really got me thnking about this issue, so I checked my 'aircraft.cfg' file for the 777-300ER and noticed that the one in my 'Airplanes' folder was slighly different from the original that came with my SMS/Overland update!have a look at this:[GeneralEngineData]engine_type= 1Engine.0= 12.100, -31.600, -6.400Engine.1= 12.100, 31.600, -6.400fuel_flow_scalar= 0.95min_throttle_limit=-0.250000[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain= 0.002inlet_area= 96.000rated_N2_rpm= 29920.000static_thrust= 87000.000afterburner_available= 0reverser_available= 1[jet_engine]thrust_scalar=0.920I've changed it to this and its seems more logical:[GeneralEngineData]engine_type= 1Engine.0= 12.100, -31.600, -6.400Engine.1= 12.100, 31.600, -6.400fuel_flow_scalar= 1.26min_throttle_limit=-0.250000[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain= 0.002inlet_area= 96.000rated_N2_rpm= 29920.000static_thrust= 87000.000afterburner_available= 0reverser_available= 1[jet_engine]thrust_scalar=1.0I got just one question, is the 'static_thrust=' variable supposed to be that amount for a 777-300ER? I thought all 77W's only came with GE90-115's rated @115,000lbs thrust.I noticed that ALL the SMS/Overland aircraft except the A300-600, A320, A319, A321 had this value for 'static_thrust'.....what's going on??My ultimate goal is to just make the configuration as realistic as possible since the actual makers/owners of this payware can't be bothered....

No properly designed jet engine aircraft in real life and Flight sim should move at idle thrust... If that were true, the empty planes that airliner pilots train on would be moving all the time.I know you want to mess with the CFG but right now the best option is to.
  1. Back up any important add-on things without any installers (exp. sounds, aircraft, etc.)
  2. Uninstall FSX
  3. Then Install FSX
  4. Install SP1
  5. Install SP2
  6. Install Add-ons

Trust Me, that is certainly the best way. You also do not have to reboot to perform any of these operations, and you do not have to run the sim in between any of these operations.

Guest Demo8DHer
No properly designed jet engine aircraft in real life and Flight sim should move at idle thrust... If that were true, the empty planes that airliner pilots train on would be moving all the time.
Airliners can certainly move under idle thrust. That's why we have parking brakes and and chocks.

Airliners can certainly move under idle thrust. That's why we have parking brakes and and chocks.
Only few aircraft do that, but a 777 does not roll to 20kts on idle. Also a large heavy airplane like a 777 does not need chocks at idle thrust. Unless he has someone else to do it for him while he is in the plane.They only use the chocks when performing engine performance tests and on the MD-11 when the center gear can not move at all (engines are off when its chocked). Chocks are more necessary on aircraft like fighter jets, where idle thrust can move the plane a great deal, but on airliners this is definitely not the case. Trust me on that. Also chocks are removed before starting the engine on most aircraft (prop planes), so what you said would not apply. Most do not use chocks. Especially planes like a 747 or 777. The weight is to great to even make the plane move. Chocks are generally used when loading the plane or performing maintenance on turbofan (jet) aircraft, this way the planes tires do not misalign while the CG changes very quickly. This is the reason while the MD-11 center gear is chocked (while engines are off before push and start). GA aircraft, specifically small to medium props, need chocks because of their light weight and ability to easily roll when being loaded with baggage,etc. Think of a car while its being loaded with passengers and luggage. The car moves slightly most of the time, even with parking brake. This is why light aircraft need it. If the pilot forgets to remove the chocks before getting in the plane, he will most likely not be able to move, because those things can even keep a A330 stationary with lots of thrust and a parking brake set. So chocks are removed before starting engines on most aircraft, and before the pilot gets in the plane.Parking brakes are generally to stop the plane from moving, because in the real world, there are slopes on surfaces, also center of gravity (CG) combined with the slopes can make a plane roll. Parking brakes are also used to help the plane stay stationary during loading, and in high wind situations (wind might only affect small aircraft only though, probably wont affect a 777 on the ground, but in the air is a different story).

You really got me thnking about this issue, so I checked my 'aircraft.cfg' file for the 777-300ER and noticed that the one in my 'Airplanes' folder was slighly different from the original that came with my SMS/Overland update!have a look at this:[GeneralEngineData]engine_type= 1Engine.0= 12.100, -31.600, -6.400Engine.1= 12.100, 31.600, -6.400fuel_flow_scalar= 0.95min_throttle_limit=-0.250000[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain= 0.002inlet_area= 96.000rated_N2_rpm= 29920.000static_thrust= 87000.000afterburner_available= 0reverser_available= 1[jet_engine]thrust_scalar=0.920I've changed it to this and its seems more logical:[GeneralEngineData]engine_type= 1Engine.0= 12.100, -31.600, -6.400Engine.1= 12.100, 31.600, -6.400fuel_flow_scalar= 1.26min_throttle_limit=-0.250000[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain= 0.002inlet_area= 96.000rated_N2_rpm= 29920.000static_thrust= 87000.000afterburner_available= 0reverser_available= 1[jet_engine]thrust_scalar=1.0I got just one question, is the 'static_thrust=' variable supposed to be that amount for a 777-300ER? I thought all 77W's only came with GE90-115's rated @115,000lbs thrust.I noticed that ALL the SMS/Overland aircraft except the A300-600, A320, A319, A321 had this value for 'static_thrust'.....what's going on??My ultimate goal is to just make the configuration as realistic as possible since the actual makers/owners of this payware can't be bothered....
Unless I'm blind, it looks like the only thing you changed is the fuel flow, which makes me wonder why you did that. As far as the static thrust is concerned, I don't know who designed it, but if it's, in fact, a Boeing 777-300ER we're talking about here, it's way off. The Boeing 777-300ER only comes with GE90-115Bs, and they are rated at 115,300 pounds of thrust. How you were flying this thing around with far less is beyond me.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Guest ums140575
Unless I'm blind, it looks like the only thing you changed is the fuel flow, which makes me wonder why you did that. As far as the static thrust is concerned, I don't know who designed it, but if it's, in fact, a Boeing 777-300ER we're talking about here, it's way off. The Boeing 777-300ER only comes with GE90-115Bs, and they are rated at 115,300 pounds of thrust. How you were flying this thing around with far less is beyond me.
....thats what came on the Overland update of 'World Airliners'.!would anyone know where I could get the CORRECT values for all my Overland 'aircraft.cfg' filesp.s: does anyone know where I could get authentic sounds for the boeing and airbus aircraft?